Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manhattan project- Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    You are very talented and have excellent choices in vintage watches.

Very nicely done.
    Thank you, good sir.

wow what more can be said
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post

no thanks needed it looks lovely
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Looks fantastic. I'm glad to see it still retains hints of its life, and isn't entirely new looking. Very well done Henry.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Looks fantastic. I'm glad to see it still retains hints of its life, and isn't entirely new looking. Very well done Henry.
    My central philosophy when renovating a watch is not to make it perfect, but to retain an amount of the history of the piece.. Wiping out all trace of the love and abuse it took would be disrespectful. I always leave dings, dents and dimples behind.

10. Likes meijlinder, CFR, scottjc, Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    My central philosophy when renovating a watch is not to make it perfect, but to retain an amount of the history of the piece.. Wiping out all trace of the love and abuse it took would be disrespectful. I always leave dings, dents and dimples behind.
    Sounds an excellent philosophy. I think everyone can really see how you care for and appreciate these watches. Well done!

12. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Question for you Henry, regarding these exquisite renovations: the movement itself. I notice that you don't show any work done with that. Should I assume you are having a watchmaker clean and refurbish those? I also have a much-loved smattering of vintage watches (no Rados alas) and the movement has always been my biggest concern. I love seeing your threads, thanks for sharing!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Question for you Henry, regarding these exquisite renovations: the movement itself. I notice that you don't show any work done with that. Should I assume you are having a watchmaker clean and refurbish those? I also have a much-loved smattering of vintage watches (no Rados alas) and the movement has always been my biggest concern. I love seeing your threads, thanks for sharing!
    Yes, I only do minimal work on the movements. I have swapped stems and daywheels etc, but I have a very good and affordable watchmaker here.

15. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Sounds an excellent philosophy. I think everyone can really see how you care for and appreciate these watches. Well done!

Thank you,