Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black metal bracelet with gold bezel watch?

Black metal bracelet with gold bezel watch?

Has anyone tried gold finish watches on a black metal bracelet? Did you like it? Do you have photos?
    Either a link bracelet, or mesh.

For comfort, I prefer link bracelets or a mesh strap over leather or NATO..
    I have some gold finish watches and I'm considering trying this.
    I find gold a bit ostentatious, especially when there's a big gold bracelet involved.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

interesting question not really gave it much thought on It I guess ... mean I have had a helluva lot of watches over the years and just can't think of one I did that too had a few gold and black cases watches but they was on black rubber never thought to try a bracelet I suppose ..colour me intrigued
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Black metal bracelet with gold bezel watch?

This is the watch, as purchased with aftermarket stainless, gold tone finish bracelet. Further below is the bracelet I ordered for it today. I don't often see digitals here, but I've become a bit of a Bulova guy.

Name:  IMG_4044.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  34.5 KB

This is the incoming bracelet. By PluWatch, ordered from Amazon. Probably available elsewhere also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm trying to imagine that particular combination however my own view is i would never match up a cool vintage piece with a modern bracelet of any kind -one does not do that and i notice the clasp release is white metal so double no for gold tone match
    Last edited by shameless; Mar 7, 2018 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Nerd View Post
    This is the watch, as purchased with aftermarket stainless, gold tone finish bracelet. Further below is the bracelet I ordered for it today. I don't often see digitals here, but I've become a bit of a Bulova guy.

Name:  IMG_4044.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  34.5 KB

This is the incoming bracelet. By PluWatch, ordered from Amazon. Probably available elsewhere also.

be interesting that was not the watch I would have thought of when asked the question but can see the black dial edge being the point so it will either look strange very right or very very wrong

but got to be honest with that one think would leave as is really as it's a bit of a classic and some tend to get a bit sad when they are played with
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

think I would find the correct replacement bulova one really
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    think I would find the correct replacement bulova one really
    That would indeed be nice. However it could require opening the wallet and turning it upside down so that everything falls out.

I think nobody would bat an eyelash at a gold tone watch with a black leather band. Black metal might work.

I've been considering a black bracelet on gold tone watches for a while, mostly because I really like bracelets and don't like a whole lot of gold. I decided to try it. This one is 20 mm, so if it turns out badly, I should eventually be able to use the bracelet on another watch.

although vintage digital watches are historically presented on bracelets -i have worn mine on aged leather and they are extremely dressy on such with the hidden lugs -if you really want to change it up that Bulova would look superb on a vintage brown [or black] leather with a gold tone buckle of course

9. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Nerd View Post
    That would indeed be nice. However it could require opening the wallet and turning it upside down so that everything falls out.

I think nobody would bat an eyelash at a gold tone watch with a black leather band. Black metal might work.

I've been considering a black bracelet on gold tone watches for a while, mostly because I really like bracelets and don't like a whole lot of gold. I decided to try it. This one is 20 mm, so if it turns out badly, I should eventually be able to use the bracelet on another watch.

well was thinking more of going the tat lot way look for a none working one with the right strap and by the lot to use the bracelet from it I did it with a digital can't remember which one now had a working one in a right state found a mint none working one that was really cheap and hey presto mint and working now

but yeah that my thought I got a big box with lots of strap bracelets natos you name it in then when i fancy a change or when I buy one I dig in the box to see what will fit so you can never have to many hardware in my mind so it will come in hand at some point if it don't work
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

remember seiko did a gold and black solar with an all black bracelet but you mostly see gold and black bracelet thou
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post