Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Kickstarter with a Seiko Column Wheel Chronograph Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    Appreciated. I'm trying to get around more, I find Tap Talk kind of clunky. I thought posting stuff about watches went to all areas, I recently realized now there are subsections.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    to the Forum.

I'm curious to see how the new Seiko movement performs in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah central gets the most action viewers
    What's central?

What's central?

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/forum...?2-IWL-Central

4. Likes is that my watch, Dynamite_Kid19 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    to the Forum.

I'm curious to see how the new Seiko movement performs in real life.
    I know it's been available in a Strela, some Invictas and a Vostok. When it was announced in 2014 that it would be available to outside watch makers places like Hodinkee were high on it because of the features vs price.

I'll definitely do a review when I get my units in November. I believe it is an undecorated Seiko 8R chronograph movement (Maybe someone will chime in with the exact details) they use in their watches.

Last edited by Dynamite_Kid19; Mar 2, 2018 at 07:40 PM.

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    Thank you!

8. Likes CFR liked this post
    I know it's been available in a Strela, some Invictas and a Vostok. When it was announced in 2014 that it would be available to outside watch makers places like Hodinkee were high on it because of the features vs price.

I'll definitely do a review when I get my units in November. I believe it is an undecorated Seiko 8R chronograph movement (Maybe someone will chime in with the exact details) they use in their watches.

when you say vostok you mean the new vostok Europe thats been as close to Russia as Lithuania I have always thought of them like the invicta they was good to they was re-branded and became fashion watches love Russian vostok had over a ton of them at one point and that ant a joke did a thread over in the russian forum of just some of them a few years back but the new vostoks are hmm probably not that bad bit way over priced for what they are and hate it when they are being sold on idea world and the like with some of the b.s that get said mean japanese movement built in Lithuania not very russian when you think of how the vostoks started .. really when at one time they was made and then built and sold all with in russia .. and now with the how they are sold a true communist ideology would be crying
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

when you say vostok you mean the new vostok Europe thats been as close to Russia as Lithuania I have always thought of them like the invicta they was good to they was re-branded and became fashion watches love Russian vostok had over a ton of them at one point and that ant a joke did a thread over in the russian forum of just some of them a few years back but the new vostoks are hmm probably not that bad bit way over priced for what they are and hate it when they are being sold on idea world and the like with some of the b.s that get said mean japanese movement built in Lithuania not very russian when you think of how the vostoks started .. really when at one time they was made and then built and sold all with in russia .. and now with the how they are sold a true communist ideology would be crying
    Yeah it's a modern VE and it was way too big for me to consider.

Yeah it's a modern VE and it was way too big for me to consider.

not really knocking them in them selves but just like invicta I don't like the pr they have a vaguest connection to Russia that they really play up too ..would give them more respect if they had started fresh mean vostok was once a new company ..everyone's got to start somewhere so big up where they are made now and that history,

instead of naming watches after Russian history maybe ... have almost bought a ve a few times their was several I thought as a watch where quiet the part just the price point seem ridiculously high for what they are.. but if I saw a second hand one with in a certain price point I would probably by it

same goes for invicta have bid on a few models when I have found them at a price am willing to pay
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

not really knocking them in them selves but just like invicta I don't like the pr they have a vaguest connection to Russia that they really play up too ..would give them more respect if they had started fresh mean vostok was once a new company ..everyone's got to start somewhere so big up where they are made now and that history,

instead of naming watches after Russian history maybe ... have almost bought a ve a few times their was several I thought as a watch where quiet the part just the price point seem ridiculously high for what they are.. but if I saw a second hand one with in a certain price point I would probably by it

same goes for invicta have bid on a few models when I have found them at a price am willing to pay
    I'd give them more of a chance if the price was lower and the sizes smaller. Back in the day I bought a VE watch, I think it was called K-9 Submarine, it was basically their Submariner with a red day night indicator. Wasn't a bad watch but I paid too much before I knew better. The bracelet was hollow and rattled so much lol. Think I have it somewhere still.

I'd give them more of a chance if the price was lower and the sizes smaller. Back in the day I bought a VE watch, I think it was called K-9 Submarine, it was basically their Submariner with a red day night indicator. Wasn't a bad watch but I paid too much before I knew better. The bracelet was hollow and rattled so much lol. Think I have it somewhere still.

yeah they had a certain look the yellow dial three sub was ok looking but a Japanese movement can't remember if it was quart or manual now but like $895 was it nope no just no it was worth something but no where near that ..mate bought one and I check it out for him for those with chunky wrist they work well and did really like their gasman one almost bought it a few times second hand but they always go just above what I want to pay ... I think if you was to buy a brand new one now then sell it straight away you would probably get a third of what you pay

so think if you like the watch and happy to know that their is a really low re sale value then what the hay ...

mean some might actually be collector pieces of the future theirs about four or five that have some basic charm to them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy