Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Half links for Tudor Black Bay bracelet?

Half links for Tudor Black Bay bracelet?

It's me again complaining about a bracelet I seem to do this with every watch I get, its like a curse... the curse of weird wrist diameter.

Anyway, I've been looking around with no luck so I figured I'd check the wisdom of IWL.... anyone know if they make half links for the Tudor Black Bay bracelet?

I've found with 9 links in, and the micro-adjustment as "tight" as possible, its a tiny bit too loose. If I take one of the links out (now 8) and move the micro-adjustment as far out as possible, its a bit too tight.

Am I doomed? I love this bracelet, but the "just a bit too loose" thing is going to drive me insane over time.
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

Doomed I am afraid, there was a similar question on WUS and the poster described exactly the same problem as you. The answer appears to be no half links. I confess I didn't read the whole thread as it was rather long but this was the answer I found.

May be a better fit when the weather warms up ?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

oh well, worth a shot Thanks Mark!
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

try changing the position of the clasp by way of link placement.
    your wrist isn't round, nor is it symmetrical and to top it off, the shape changes as you move your hand.

having the strap shorter on the ulna side (12 o clock) works best for me.
    Last edited by drunken monkey; Feb 20, 2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo

5. Likes Der Amf, chicago, Nokie liked this post
    Thanks I will try that this weekend

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)

Bracelet fit is critical! I've sold watches I enjoyed when I couldn't get the right fit. While not ideal my guess is that your only option is would be to have another hole drilled into the clasp. Thankfully it looks like there is plenty of room on the clasp to put another hole in.

The really awesome picture below shows what I'm talking about.

Name:  TudorBlackBayBracelet.jpg
Views: 2311
Size:  136.0 KB

I'd highly recommend against drilling a clasp. Playing with the link balance is recommended. Try adding on one side or the other since it will make a difference. Note that this is not really a micro adjust, it is a half link adjust. It might be an optical illusion, but some of the links look about 1mm longer than others(the ones on the end so you may want to measure each. Remember when the weather starts to warm up your wrist will swell a bit. So a hair loose may be too tight a few months from now. For me where I live I never adjust for final in the morning.
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 20, 2015 at 02:59 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Yea drilling is a bad idea I agree. Don't want to damage the clasp or kill resale value of the bracelet

Sent from my blackberry (just kidding!)

+1 on no drilling.

I have moved some of my links before in my bracelets to offset the lack of half links or micro adjustments and it does provide you with some flexibility to tighten things up a bit.

Not alot, but enough to be noticeable in terms of a closer fit, based on previous experiences I have had.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Question to OP chicago, did you sort out your sizing issues with the BlackBay bracelet?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.