Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I watch tomorrow?

What should I watch tomorrow?

Mrs wmw is out with the girls tomorrow night so I have the TV to myself and get to watch the kind of undemanding, pyrotechnic rich movie she can't stand.
    I have three choices, all of which I'm keen to see, but which should I watch?
    1) The Raid 2 - loved the first one, but at 150 mins I'm worried this might be a bit long.
    2) Pacific Rim - Giant robots vs monsters
    3) Godzilla (2014) - Godzilla, innit

Any thoughts?

Of those, Pacific Rim. If you've not seen it, consider getting ahold of a copy of Battleship.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Of those, Pacific Rim. If you've not seen it, consider getting ahold of a copy of Battleship.
    Thank you. I've not seen Battleship so will look out for it.

I have had 2 weeks of this while MrsO is away, I have watched ..

John Wick
    Fury
    Taken 1/2/3
    Battle of the five armies
    Hercules...say it quietly I'm a bit ashamed
    Big Hero 6
    A walk among the tombstones

edit..I forgot The Equalizer

Tonight I am watching Kingsman.

Pacific rim and Godzilla are about equal in my opinion. Not too terrible but of that genre.

Can you get Edge of Tomorrow that was a good watch with lots of bullets and monsters
    Last edited by MarkO; Feb 19, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I've read most of the Matthew Scudder novels by Lawrence Block and that one was extremely disturbing so I'm not sure I could handle the movie.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I've read most of the Matthew Scudder novels by Lawrence Block and that one was extremely disturbing so I'm not sure I could handle the movie.

Jeannie

The gory bits were under played, no actual visual nastiness really on screen but some disturbing distressing scenes without blood.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

I have had 2 weeks of this while MrsO is away, I have watched ..

John Wick
    Fury
    Taken 1/2/3
    Battle of the five armies
    Hercules...say it quietly I'm a bit ashamed
    Big Hero 6

Tonight I am watching Kingsman.

Pacific rim and Godzilla are about equal in my opinion. Not too terrible but of that genre.

Can you get Edge of Tomorrow that was a good watch with lots of bullets and monsters
    I saw Big Hero 6 today with my son and absolutely loved it. Great family movie.

Since you are going to be home alone, I suggest The Ring. Sleep well.

Blog Entries
    The gory bits were under played, no actual visual nastiness really on screen but some disturbing distressing scenes without blood.
    I heard Lawrence Block gets a lot of his story ideas from actual police files. Whether that's true or not, I can't say, but the thought of it adds an extra layer of unpleasantness to some of his works.

He's an excellent writer though.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post

Jeannie
    I love the Scudder books. I've read quite a few over the years and have recently started working through them in order. Block is a truly excellent writer, in my estimation.