Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here it comes- Are things ever going to be the same?

Here it comes- Are things ever going to be the same?

Massive predictions for the launch of the Apple Watch. Will you get one and how will it change the landscape for wearing watches?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/cc...-1227224943170
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

I'm going with no and no.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

3. Likes Teeritz, Chase, Nokie, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I'm going with no and no.
    That

Although there'll almost certainly be a lot of apple fans that will just buy it for buying's sake.

5. Likes scottjc liked this post

Here it comes- Are things ever going to be the same?

No interest from me.

I am not really interested in smart stuff. I mean I have a smartphone. I also have a tablet that I barely use.

And as far as watches, I barely wear my quartz watches because I just can't get past my personal sigma on those so I can't image wearing a smartwatch. Especially one that looks like an iPod Nano with a strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I think that a lot of people who do not currently wear a watch will start wearing the Apple watch. I also think this will be the first big nudge of smart watches into the market. Its probably not going to change people perceptions around here but i'm not so sure it isn't going to have a big impact on the broader community.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    I think that a lot of people who do not currently wear a watch will start wearing the Apple watch. I also think this will be the first big nudge of smart watches into the market. Its probably not going to change people perceptions around here but i'm not so sure it isn't going to have a big impact on the broader community.

'How much is it?' , he asked showing how much he's been following it

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    'How much is it?' , he asked showing how much he's been following it
    Not sure but I thought it was going to be around $350.
    Regards Cam

Watches

Thanks for the cool pics via the same 'newspaper'
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...336199?page=10

ot sure but I thought it was going to be around $350.
    Ouch , and no doubt having one of those ridiculous 'swap for a refurb, for a price' battery replacement policies.

I'd rather just able to buy a battery when it comes time.

There are a couple of things that would annoy me. The first is that everyone has the same watch, there is no variety and the second is the whole battery life/recharging thing.
    Regards Cam

Watches

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    the second is the whole battery life/recharging thing.
    No way round this on a tiny product.

The article says it'll make or break the smartwatch market.

Let's just say I seriously doubt it'll make it.