Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Can I actually do it?

  1. #1

    Can I actually do it?

    So, starting Monday I will be in off-site meetings (local) at a hotel through Friday. Business casual. The question is, can I make it a whole week with only one watch?

    I'm probably going to take the Breguet, since it goes with anything I'm likely to wear. But it will be weird--even when I go overseas, I take two watches (Damasko for the plane and weekend, JLC for the rest).

    I could take a second watch, but enough people know about my odd habit that I could get flak for that. Not in the mood. So I think I'm going to tough it out.

  2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
  3. #2
    Tough it out? No way -- be yourself.

  4. #3

    Can I actually do it?

    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I could take a second watch, but enough people know about my odd habit that I could get flak for that. Not in the mood. So I think I'm going to tough it out.
    Sounds like you should take at least three then. If you really want to mess with them, go with a separate watch for each morning and each afternoon. And then your special dinner watch for each evening.

    When I travel I usually only take a single watch. Often it is one I don't wear that often or haven't worn in a while so I view it as my chance to get reacquainted with a long lost friend. It also avoids the anxiety of leaving a watch back at the hotel.

  5. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
  6. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Sounds like you should take at least three then. If you really want to mess with them, go with a separate watch for each morning and each afternoon. And then your special dinner watch for each evening.

    When I travel I usually only take a single watch. Often it is one I don't wear that often or haven't worn in a while so I view it as my chance to get reacquainted with a long lost friend. It also avoids the anxiety of leaving a watch back at the hotel.
    Ha ha. That would be funny. I do worry a bit about leaving a watch in the room safe, but then again I leave other stuff in them. And my watches are insured.

  7. #5
    Two - or more - things can happen:

    1. You realize that you only need one watch and sell all your collection, as soon as you get back home;
    2. You realize that you can't "survive" with a single watch and - justifiably - buy another;

  8. Likes mlcor, JAGtime, FuzzyB, Samanator, popoki nui liked this post
  9. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Two - or more - things can happen:

    1. You realize that you only need one watch and sell all your collection, as soon as you get back home;
    2. You realize that you can't "survive" with a single watch and - justifiably - buy another;
    Sounds like a win-win -- but I'm betting on option #2...
    Last edited by Jazzmaster; Feb 21, 2015 at 12:41 AM.

  10. Likes mlcor, JAGtime, CFR, FuzzyB liked this post
  11. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Sounds like a win-win.
    Sometimes, I try to behave like a true optimistic

  12. Likes JAGtime, FuzzyB, Jazzmaster, popoki nui liked this post
  13. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Sounds like a win-win -- but I'm betting on option #2...
    Yeah, #1 is extremely unlikely.

  14. Likes CFR, Samanator, Jazzmaster, popoki nui liked this post
  15. #9
    If you only wear one watch at a time, it's like you only brought one on the trip. Just sayin'...

  16. Likes jsw41, mlcor, Nokie liked this post
  17. #10
    Timewaster jsw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Almonte, ON, CA
    Posts
    389
    Just bring them all; pin some on the inside of your business jacket, and when conversation ebbs; open your jacket and say 'Anyone want to buy a watch?'

    John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

  18. Likes synequano, shemp liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us