Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I actually do it?

Can I actually do it?

So, starting Monday I will be in off-site meetings (local) at a hotel through Friday. Business casual. The question is, can I make it a whole week with only one watch?

I'm probably going to take the Breguet, since it goes with anything I'm likely to wear. But it will be weird--even when I go overseas, I take two watches (Damasko for the plane and weekend, JLC for the rest).

I could take a second watch, but enough people know about my odd habit that I could get flak for that. Not in the mood. So I think I'm going to tough it out.

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Tough it out? No way -- be yourself.

Can I actually do it?

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I could take a second watch, but enough people know about my odd habit that I could get flak for that. Not in the mood. So I think I'm going to tough it out.
    Sounds like you should take at least three then. If you really want to mess with them, go with a separate watch for each morning and each afternoon. And then your special dinner watch for each evening.

When I travel I usually only take a single watch. Often it is one I don't wear that often or haven't worn in a while so I view it as my chance to get reacquainted with a long lost friend. It also avoids the anxiety of leaving a watch back at the hotel.

5. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Sounds like you should take at least three then. If you really want to mess with them, go with a separate watch for each morning and each afternoon. And then your special dinner watch for each evening.

When I travel I usually only take a single watch. Often it is one I don't wear that often or haven't worn in a while so I view it as my chance to get reacquainted with a long lost friend. It also avoids the anxiety of leaving a watch back at the hotel.
    Ha ha. That would be funny. I do worry a bit about leaving a watch in the room safe, but then again I leave other stuff in them. And my watches are insured.

Two - or more - things can happen:

1. You realize that you only need one watch and sell all your collection, as soon as you get back home;
    2. You realize that you can't "survive" with a single watch and - justifiably - buy another;

8. Likes mlcor, JAGtime, FuzzyB, Samanator, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Two - or more - things can happen:

1. You realize that you only need one watch and sell all your collection, as soon as you get back home;
    2. You realize that you can't "survive" with a single watch and - justifiably - buy another;
    Sounds like a win-win -- but I'm betting on option #2...
    Last edited by Jazzmaster; Feb 20, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

10. Likes mlcor, JAGtime, CFR, FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Sounds like a win-win.
    Sometimes, I try to behave like a true optimistic

12. Likes JAGtime, FuzzyB, Jazzmaster, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Sounds like a win-win -- but I'm betting on option #2...
    Yeah, #1 is extremely unlikely.

14. Likes CFR, Samanator, Jazzmaster, popoki nui liked this post
    If you only wear one watch at a time, it's like you only brought one on the trip. Just sayin'...

16. Likes jsw41, mlcor, Nokie liked this post
    Just bring them all; pin some on the inside of your business jacket, and when conversation ebbs; open your jacket and say 'Anyone want to buy a watch?'

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

18. Likes synequano, shemp liked this post