Likes Likes:  15

Thread: **** Zlatoust love them or hate them ? ? They are still a beast of a watch ****

**** Zlatoust love them or hate them ? ? They are still a beast of a watch ****

Russian mechanical diving watch with side second hand for Russian special forces 191 CH.

This huge watch used by the soviet military and civil divers from 1970's to end of 1980's. Made by Zlatoust (Ural region of Russia) military watch factory. The sign on box would have read The order of the Ministry of Defence of USSR. it would have a Serial numbered on the back.

The watch is based on unique mechanical (hand-winding, 15 jewels) movement. Side second hand. Heavy case measures 60 mm (75 mm with crown) in diameter and 20 mm height. Removable protection grill. The crown is protected by a canteen screw and secured by a chain. Luminous numbers and hands. This watch is waterproof during at least one hour at a depth of up to 700 meters (~2300 feet). The case is closed and sealed with the glass ring screwed from the top. Heavy rubber strap (removable). Lugs - 22 mm. The watch with a strap is 260 gram weight.

well mine came with out the box and to be honest I would not be diving in it either I would not need a weight belt haha it's just for show which I think it will do nicely ..I think mine was a later 90's re-issue. as the originals was suppose to me stainless steel where mine seem's to me plated as you can see in some of the pic's but still a great watch

this might start a need to collect all of them haha there is a few different one for the different services of the navy have seen one with a diver in the bubble instead of a sub and a few other images as well in the bubble so let's see your's if you have them

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes DJW GB, popoki nui, CFR liked this post
    Here's mine.
    Name:  IMG20150222121353.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  151.2 KB

Name:  IMG20150222121508.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  142.4 KB
    There's nothing important to read here.

4. Likes DJW GB, is that my watch, popoki nui, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    Here's mine.
    Name:  IMG20150222121353.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  151.2 KB

Name:  IMG20150222121508.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  142.4 KB
    yeah tried to do a lume shot but did not come out .. it's like a torch ant it so how old do you reckon they are because they can't be the 70's or 80's one as they was stainless steal and mine shows on the back what looks to be brass ? does your's have the same ?
    Last edited by is that my watch; Feb 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

It's definitely a modern remake but I bought it for the novelty aspect so I don't care. I was thinking about making a stand for it to use as a desk clock.
    There's nothing important to read here.

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    It's definitely a modern remake but I bought it for the novelty aspect so I don't care. I was thinking about making a stand for it to use as a desk clock.
    yeah my thoughts exactly have it on my desk at the minute was thinking of buying a pocket watch stand to hang it on..
    have seen some new one's that are a bit pricey and they say they
    are cheaply made and light. so think we had the late 90's one's then the new 2000 ones
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well found a copy of the manual

Zlatoust watch factory
    CERTIFICATION
    of diver watch
    model 191 ChS
    Technical Spec. TY 13-02-66
    I. CERTIFICATE OF ACCEPTANCE
    Diver “Vodolaz” watch model 191 ChS No 1754 complies with required technical
    conditions, tested and declared suitable for operation
    Stamp of OTK – test and control station
    Stamp of Radionavigation Chamber of city of Severomorsk (city of the Northern Sea)
    Dated September 3, 1977
    Stamp “Not Radiation”
    II. CONTENTS
    a) Watch mechanism
    b) Protective grid
    c) This certificate
    d) Manual
    e) Cardboard box
    f) Wrist strap
    g) miniature screwdriver
    III.TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    1. Mean daily rate from + 1 minute for 24 hours at temperatures ranging from -13 to
    77 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 20 Celsius with error +- 5 degrees)
    2. Duration of full complete spring wind: no less than 30 hours
    3. Case provides 1 (one) full hour of water resistance while submerged to depths up
    to 2300 feet (700 meters).
    4. Wight: 9.2 oz (260 grams).
    IV.GUARANTEE
    Manufacturer is hereby obliged to repair or replace free of charge this watch
    within a period of 1 (one) year from date of acceptance by the representative of
    purchaser if the later discovers any defect or non-conformation according to the
    technical requirements within the set period.
    Replacements or repairs may not be requested if the conditions of storage
    and/or operation were not confirmed to as per this manual.
    MANUAL
    Usage: diver watch 191 ChS
    1. General Description
    Diver watch is a mechanism based on 15 ruby jewels mounted in a protective
    water resistant metal case intended for measure of time in minutes and hours.
    Water resistant qualities are provided by:
    a) Case and glass are sealed with a compression gasket separator strip. Dial
    glass is pressed down to the gasket by a metal ring with a threaded connection to the
    case.
    b) Winder knob is protected by a special seal between itself and the case as
    well as by a screw cap over the knob.
    Dial color is black. The scale consists of numerals and divisions of rectangular and/or
    round shape. Number of hands: 2 (two). Special modifications of this watch may
    have an addition third hand to display seconds. (!!!)
    Numbers and divisions as well as movement hands are printed with fluorescent
    colors of variable luminosity.
    2. Winding of mechanism and setting of dial hands
    Remove the outer protective cap to wind the mechanism.
    The outer protective cap must be screwed back on after the mechanism has
    been completely wind or time set.
    Precaution: the protective outer cap must be fully screwed back over the
    winder knob, otherwise water may enter the mechanism rendering it useless.
    a) Winding of mechanism:
    The mechanism must be wind by rotating the winder knob clock wise until full
    stop. It is forbidden to use excessive force while winding the mechanism, this action
    will break the winder spring.
    Rotation of winder counter clock wise produces no wind, ie is idle.
    The mechanism must be wind daily at exactly the same time of day/night.
    b) Setting of dial hands:
    Dial hands are set by using the winder knob. The knob must be pulled in the direction
    opposite of the dial until full stop. While in this position, the dial hands may be set by
    rotating the winder knob. After setting the time the knob must be placed back to its
    original position by means of applying pressure to the knob in the direction of the
    dial.
    Precaution: 1. The protective cap of winder knob is connected to the case of the
    watch with a metal chain. The chain must be protected from being broken by means
    of rotating the attachment ring to which the chain is connected in the direction
    opposite of the rotation of the outer protective cap.
    2. The rubber sealant of the winder knob introduces pressure resistance while the cap
    is being screwed back on over the winder knob. In turn, this introduces extra pressure
    on inner/outer thread of the winder/case. To re leave the pressure off the treaded
    connection while screwing the cap on/off the case pressure must be applied in the
    direction of the case while performing the rotation. This ensures smooth rotation of
    the protective winder cap as well as protecting the tread from extra wear.
    3. Operation (treatment) of device
    The diver watch is a precise mechanism, which requires accurate treatment
    during transportation and/or usage.
    Heavy shocks and blows may not be applied to the mechanism of the watch. In case
    of a direct heavy blow to the glass the later may crack.
    4. Repairs
    The diver watch may be repaired in special workshops only.
    To repair the seals or glass the outer ring is to be unscrewed.
    The outer over-the dial ring may be removed using a special skew press (hand
    operated skew press) which ensures uniform pressure in the plane of the glass for
    compression of the sealant.
    After performing the compression of the sealant, the outer ring may be removed by
    means of counter clock wise rotation with hand. The glass, sealant and outer ring may
    then be removed.
    Screws near the numbers “4” and “10” must be turned 1-2 revelations clock
    wise direction in order to remove the inner sealant between the dial and the
    mechanism. After this the hands and dial may be removed. Reassembly is performed
    in the opposite order. The outer cap must me screwed back on over well compressed
    sealant under glass.
    Unqualified personnel may not disassemble the watch, such actions will render
    the mechanism of the watch useless.
    Time precision and water resistance must be tested upon completion of repairs
    of the watch. It is forbidden to attempt repair of the watch within a period of 2 hours
    after being subjected to extreme low temperatures after being brought into warmer
    conditions.
    The watch must me cleaned, oiled and precision adjusted no less than once
    every two years.
    5. Packaging and transportation
    Each watch is contained within a carton box. The box contains this manual.
    The box must be placed in sturdy wooden container, protected by within by a water
    resistant paper or tar paper.
    The carton box containing the diver watch must be placed inside a wooden
    container. The container must not be able to move around the environment freely. The
    humidity within the container must not exceed 18 percent.
    Design division
    Order 890
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes popoki nui, CFR liked this post
    Wow! Cool stuff, ismy! Great pics (Colin63, too), and I love that manual!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

12. Likes is that my watch, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Wow! Cool stuff, ismy! Great pics (Colin63, too), and I love that manual!
    thanks yes apparently the 1950's one's was slightly radioactive but they are fun but full on want the new agat re-issue ones at the manageable 47mm there some new one's in several sizes but the prices are out there
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 19, 2016 at 05:09 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes CFR, popoki nui, Colin63 liked this post