Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H20 Kalmar v2 - Dive watch candy!

H20 Kalmar v2 - Dive watch candy!

Hey folks,

The H20 Kalmar v2 pre-order is complete and I received my 2 absolutely amazing watches in the last couple weeks and they far exceed expecations. This is whay H20/Helberg is my fav micro brand. The evolution of this brand from where it began is crazy. Still maintining the orignal concept of customization, the evolution into quality exceeding price is what keeps me coming back. Just look at the fit/finish of these puppies!

Enough babbling, here are the pics and mini review I posted pretty mush everywhere else....lol.

Enjoy

First impressions:

Fit and finish of the case is simply outstanding! The brushing and polished chamfers are pretty close to my Omega Speedy MK2. This really gives a rich refined look to the new generation Kalmar vs. the OG Kalmar's toolish look. HEV located at 9 o’clock, crown guards are machined into the case giving a more streamlined look. The lug screws have also changed from the 1 pc lug screw that threaded directly to the case in the OG Kalmar to a 2 piece lug screw system which makes for a more clean look to the case and strap changes will now have to be done a little more careful so you don't lose the small cap screw.

The ceramic bezel inlay is flawless, perfectly filled bezel markings and narrower bezel really gives the dial opening a large visual area to look at.

The new rehaut dial is fabulous. Minimal writing on the dial with just a chrome wave logo below the 12 o'clock marker and chrome "H2O" above the 6 o’clock marker and date wheel between the 4 and 5 o’clock marker.

Smooth running ETA 2824 movt and the crown action is nice and smooth and engages/threads nicely

The 120 click bezel action is crisp and light. There is a touch of bezel play but this is intentional as the bezels are easily removable on the new gen Kalmars from what Clemens advised me. Bezels for the Kalmar v2 will be available for separate purchase at the beginning of March 2015 giving the users options to change the look of their Kalmar v2 without having to buy another complete watch. How cool is that! Bezel removal on the Kalmar v2 is done by using a thin edge to lift the bezel edge while turning it to disengage the lock (use some masking tape on the opposite end to prevent the bezel from scratching the case when lifting off. Simply snap it back on to re-attach. (Disclaimer - This is done at the users own risk)

One thing I noticed immediately is how much lighter the Kalmar v2 is vs. the Orca Dive when I was preparing them for the photos. It also appears thinner as well, so a welcome bonus for those with smaller wrists and wanting to wear the watch under a cuff.

The bracelet is the same as the Orca model and is one of the coolest bracelets out there. It's reversible so you can choose to wear it with a "coarse tread" or "smooth tread". In the photos I have it with the smoother side up. The ratcheting clasp works as advertised and looks great. The leather straps are typical high quality leather H2O is known for. The horween strap I got with my kit is killer. It's a 24/22 tapered strap and the buckle end is for use with the wide tang Isofrane buckle. I put on my IN buckle I received with my Isofrane in my Ch6 order.
    Overall this evolution of the Kalmar in v2 is in a lot of ways quite different from the original, mainly in size. It’s a new more mature Kalmar would be the best way to describe it. So there you have it folks, another winner from H2O and I cannot wait to receive my second one (orange dial and ss bezel)

Let's get this pic party started!!!

Enjoy

The EVOLUTION of Kalmar

KALMAR V2 // ORCA DIVE

2. Likes watchdaddy1, DM71, Chase liked this post
    Second one I call Orange Crush

4. Likes watchdaddy1, DM71, FuzzyB, Chase liked this post
    Swapped to the sterile bezel on the black rehaut. The bezels are CAKE to remove!!

iPhone pics

6. Likes watchdaddy1, DM71, FuzzyB, Chase, Bwana, Steppy liked this post
    Nice expose Danny.They all look tempting esp w/ your pics...
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

8. Likes Danny_T liked this post
    Great pictures. The lug design makes it look great on either a bracelet or strap. Nice info.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

10. Likes Danny_T liked this post
    Great pics, Danny! I always liked their watches but not their size. I came close to pull the trigger more than once, but I'm done with watches that are too big for me. I already have too many ; ) If only my wrists were an inch bigger, damn!
    ~Daniel~

12. Likes Danny_T liked this post

14. Likes Danny_T liked this post
    Wow ! Fantastic pics. There is so much to love about these watches, particularly the hands, details, indices, lugs, logo, case back notches. I would use DREMEL and polish the case and lugs to mirror finish.

STEELHEAD
    Designer: Nick Slater

Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Great pics, Danny! I always liked their watches but not their size. I came close to pull the trigger more than once, but I'm done with watches that are too big for me. I already have too many ; ) If only my wrists were an inch bigger, damn!
    x2...I love their style & build quality, but too big for me. Hoping someday they make a smaller version.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
    Wow ! Fantastic pics. There is so much to love about these watches, particularly the hands, details, indices, lugs, logo, case back notches. I would use DREMEL and polish the case and lugs to mirror finish.
    Nah, we would not let you do it. You're banned!!!!!
    ~Daniel~