Likes Likes:  14

Thread: vintage strap for vintage speedy-

vintage strap for vintage speedy-

for some time been wanting a true vintage leather for this old boy - picked this up -not one thats made to look old - an English handmade strap from the 50's made of the most supple pigskin you can imagine -comparitively thin and the most pleasing thing tapers from 20mm to 14mm !!! most unusual in a strap and typically of its time open ended - always love a deep taper think they compliment a watch body far more than a thick stiff leather with no flexibility - allow the watch to move comfortably on the wrist - the comfort and vintage charm makes wearing a pleasure - generally imo a great strap is one you are not conscious of its presence on the wrist
    Name:  new strap1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  83.9 KBName:  new strap2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  66.0 KBName:  new strap3.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  71.2 KBName:  new strap4.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  77.8 KB

2. Likes FuzzyB, JAGtime, CFR, Colin, Nokie, MHe225, iyonk liked this post
    That strap is perfect for your watch, Shameless! Good find. Wear it in good health.

Jane
    Last edited by JAGtime; Feb 25, 2015 at 02:46 PM.

4. Likes shameless, iyonk liked this post
    I learned the hard way; got an Hirsch Lord because I found it nice, but the stiffness associated with its terribe integrated clasp made it impossible to wear. Flexible, older style straps with the old buckle are much more comfortable.

That combo looks really nice, Peter.

6. Likes JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I learned the hard way; got an Hirsch Lord because I found it nice, but the stiffness associated with its terribe integrated clasp made it impossible to wear. Flexible, older style straps with the old buckle are much more comfortable.

That combo looks really nice, Peter.
    thanks C - after some consideration i have decided these modern 4/5mm thick straps are not enjoyable to wear in my humble opinion - this for example would easily interchange with a dress watch and the proportions would be fine - discomfort in a strap can easily put off wearing a particular watch without question- furthermore open ended straps are a godsend -i understand that with a thick strap they perhaps wouldn't be ideal
    Last edited by shameless; Feb 25, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    after some consideration i have decided these modern 4/5mm thick straps are not enjoyable to wear in my humble opinion - this for example would easily interchange with a dress watch and the proportions would be fine - discomfort in a strap can easily put off wearing a particular watch without question- furthermore open ended straps are a godsend -i understand that with a thick strap they perhaps wouldn't be ideal
    Couldn't agree more!

9. Likes shameless liked this post
    Man that is sweet!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

11. Likes shameless liked this post
    Looking good!
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

13. Likes shameless liked this post