Likes Likes:  5

Thread: **** Can you tell me anything about this watch ****

**** Can you tell me anything about this watch ****

well it's a ladies watch would guess as 70's possible 60's as it is a Liga which is swiss and it 16 or 18 jewel has swiss made under the 6

on the back is states stainless steel back Swiss made and a code

do believe it is part of the The FABRIQUE D'HORLOGERIE LIGA S.A

but that is a complete guess if I'm honest

think I will be giving it to a friend just want to know a bit about it to tell them

so any help will be great appreciated

it is fitting the case very well and tight so will not be trying to get the movement out as it seem to be working lovely so why mess or scratch the case as going to give it a way so we will have to guess at it movement sorry guys and best pic I could do at the time lol

there will be other I'm looking at one now with out a case that we can have a good look at that later haha
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Well, I pulled out my Complete Price Guide to Watches, which is my only source for vintage Swiss and they did not name either Liga or The FABRIQUE D'HORLOGERIE LIGA S.A. I am guessing they used somebody else's ebauche, so without a movement shot, that is all we can do.

That is a lucky friend! Hope they enjoy it!

Dan

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well it was running fast over time and so have had to open it to try and regulate it but there ant that much more I can push it so one blurry pic coming up lol got to get a magnifying class haha
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Oh boy! Maybe if it was a pocketwatch, I could figure it out. But without getting a clear look...

Tell you what. Next you look in the back, look for some letter, perhaps inside of a small looking badge. Believe me, they will be visible, but they could be on the balance cock, on a bridge, or on the main plate under the balance wheel (or next to it).

For example, a cursive looking capital R would denote it was a Valjoux. A capital T inside a Capital U would denote Unitas.

Sorry to make you work, but that will help narrowing it down.

Dan

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well it was not meant to be as it is in need of a good service as it needs regulating and it's not very clear in the pic but the regulating arm is all the way over and it is still 20 minutes fast so it goes in to the "and I will look at it again later" box lol . it was as I said part of a job lot got one good one out of it but the case was shockly bad condition the crystal fell apart lol but got a sound movement and is kinda good looking will try and take a couple of pics of it with a magnify glass tomorrow and see if I can get an half decent pic

plus also it was a bit hard to take a pic as it was the size of a five pence piece
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Blog Entries
    No problem! We'll be around.

Dan

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    well got a bit busy with a g10 yesterday will try to do the movement shot I was talking about later to day
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Might be JB Bourquand of Solothurn CH. They used A. Schild movements. I cannot tell if this one has shock protection or not, but it looks to me like ca 1950.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post