Likes Likes:  124
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Shock and your FAV Flashlight...

TOTALLY COOL d2mac!!

appreciate the info... once again, thank you very much for sharing sir!

My Fenix TK12. Ive had this one for several years and it's one of my favorites to use at night when walking my dogs. It's fairly small and has a nice 280 lumen beam.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Likes Knives & Lint, iyonk, Colin63, Phantasm liked this post
    the larger part of the current collection.
    It came a long way and the collection was getting a big push when LED technology arrived and produced flashlights with very good light and battery life. I bought the brightest models when they arrived until i piled up this heap. Then i moved on to vintage and weird.
    All torches on this pic are either native LED or converted.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    thx for sharing d! what else do you got? hehehe

This one is a Coast Polysteel that I got at a local hardware store for about $25. It has a huge LED and thick curved lens. Or maybe the lens is magnifying and makes the LED look bigger. I'm not sure. Anyway it has 579 lumen output on high. I dont know if it's twice as powerful as my 280 lumen Fenix but it beats the Fenix by a wide margin. The only problem I have with it is the pressure needed to twist the top to change from spot to flood, and I think this is a common complaint with this light and maybe thats why it isnt more popular and was on clearance. Both modes are good, the flood mode is very impressive.

6. Likes Knives & Lint, iyonk, Phantasm liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This one is a Coast Polysteel that I got at a local hardware store for about $25. It has a huge LED and thick curved lens. Or maybe the lens is magnifying and makes the LED look bigger. I'm not sure. Anyway it has 579 lumen output on high. I dont know if it's twice as powerful as my 280 lumen Fenix but it beats the Fenix by a wide margin. The only problem I have with it is the pressure needed to twist the top to change from spot to flood, and I think this is a common complaint with this light and maybe thats why it isnt more popular and was on clearance. Both modes are good, the flood mode is very impressive.
    hahaha.. i also got 2 COAST flash lights!

it use 4aaa and 250lumes.. also adjustable zoom/flood beam.. i prefer the beam profile of inova, but there budget flashlight are not to shabby.
    the other one is inspection flashlight with 1 aaa.. quite handy litlle flashlight =)

Name:  DSCN9230.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  DSCN9231.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  37.6 KB

8. Likes Greg, Knives & Lint, Phantasm liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My Fenix TK12. Ive had this one for several years and it's one of my favorites to use at night when walking my dogs. It's fairly small and has a nice 280 lumen beam.
    i'm coming from how the 60-120lumens led flashlight was 'the best and all that i would ever need', and actualy anything from 80-150lumens is still great for my need now hehehe..
    very nice greg, if you show me its 280 lumens beam, i would still very impressed! =D
    nice fenix my friend!

10. Likes Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    the larger part of the current collection.
    It came a long way and the collection was getting a big push when LED technology arrived and produced flashlights with very good light and battery life. I bought the brightest models when they arrived until i piled up this heap. Then i moved on to vintage and weird.
    All torches on this pic are either native LED or converted.

very-very well round collection sir! you got all your basses covered..
    what is that headlight? seem interesting... also the black one standing on top of the military flashight on the low left is quite intriguing..

12. Likes Greg liked this post
    A couple more Coast LED's.

The G10 is 32 lumens and stays attached to my lunchbox that I carry to work. The G26 is a 3 LED light with 83 lumen output that I use mainly inside the house. Not bright enough to use outside at night but doesnt blind me when doing something inside and need a little extra light.

14. Likes Knives & Lint, iyonk, Phantasm liked this post
    Here are some of my lights. I paired them up with the appropriate G-Shock. I have a few other SF lights floating around, but these are most of my favorites. The set that is used almost every night is the Gulfmaster and SF Backup. The black light is a custom from McGizmo and the huge light with the GPW Beast is a modded 3x18650 light running an M6 bulb, it's very bright.

Name:  IMG_1233.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  29.0 KBName:  IMG_1234.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  34.5 KBName:  IMG_1235.jpg
Size:  32.0 KBName:  IMG_1238.jpg
Size:  36.0 KBName:  IMG_1239.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  34.5 KB

16. Likes iyonk, Knives & Lint, Greg, d2mac liked this post
    Some great lights here posted by everybody. The old military lights are really cool too. Great stuff everyone!

Iyonk - I love Innova flashlights. I never got the 2xCR123A UV light, always wanted one though.

K&L - The A2s with red leds are great lights. I've had a few of the old school incandescent versions in the past. Never had the new type. I am thinking about getting another incandescent red version or maybe white, or maybe both...

18. Likes iyonk, Knives & Lint, Greg liked this post