Likes Likes:  90
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY !?

Good luck!
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Not buying a Viro was the only time I've really responded to peer pressure on a watch forum. It was about six years ago, and the members of a German forum were as one in saying that Union should be avoided following Swatch's decision to fit the watches with ETA movements. I bought a Wempe with the same ETA movement - which met with approval...

Fortunately, the Wempe was one of my better buys and I still have it.

Nice watch, the Viro. I can still see why I fancied one, although it was the black version that caught my eye.

4. Likes Seriously, I-B liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Looking forward to your review after you win the auction!

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Why ???

Why not???

8. Likes Seriously, JAGtime liked this post
    'Not an auction as such, it's elsewhere' he said holding on to the location.

To make it even more easy; Search for a nice dark brown strap and buy it.

11. Likes Seriously, JAGtime liked this post
    Bah, deal off (for now)

Seller doesn't want to budge

Did see another at similar so I'll punt at him and see what happens....... watch this space.

13. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I've never heard of them..
    Whaaaaat??????? Don't you have to take an exam or smtn to become a mod?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I bought a Wempe with the same ETA movement - which met with approval...
    Fortunately, the Wempe was one of my better buys and I still have it.
    I went to the Wempe-shop in Düsseldorf to fit the Wempe Zeitmeister sport-watches, and pulled the trigger on the 3-hand diver. I pick it up in may, on my 40th BD. Wempe makes great watches, and they are relative bargains. I am also thinking of buying the Wempe quartz (tc haq) dresswatch. They had one in the shop that is a "window-watch", and they would sell it for 600€. That's Certina DS2 money!

15. Likes Der Amf, Seriously, MarkO, 93EXCivic, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post

I went to the Wempe-shop in Düsseldorf to fit the Wempe Zeitmeister sport-watches, and pulled the trigger on the 3-hand diver. I pick it up in may, on my 40th BD. Wempe makes great watches, and they are relative bargains
    This one, yeah?

Name:  wempe diver.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  27.1 KB

Stainless steel. Black dial with luminous steel hour markers. Double anti-reflective sapphire crystal. Screw-down case back with high relief engraving of the observatory. Stainless steel bracelet with folding and safety clasp. Automatic movement (base calibre: Sellita SW300) with stop-seconds function and centre second. Date display. Screw-in crown. Water-resistant up to 30bar (300m).
    Officially tested chronometer according to German DIN 8319 standard.
    Case diameter: 42 mm
    About $2,800?

Name:  wempe diver 2.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  38.6 KB

17. Likes MarkO, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    This one, yeah?

Name:  wempe diver.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  27.1 KB

About $2,800?

Name:  wempe diver 2.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  38.6 KB
    yes that's the one, i paid 2400€ for it. The watch is just stunning, and the ceramic bezel, well, you just have to see it in person to believe it. My only concern is the lugholes, they are close to the case. I'm not sure if you can fit any strap you like on the watch. Think i never take it off the bracelet, but it's still something i have in mind. It was no dealbreaker tough, cos the finish of the bracelet is just superb, way better than the bracelet from my GMT2 for example. The watch in the wristpic is yours?