Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chairs!

Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    Check out Ikea, they have some comfortable office chairs at reasonable prices.

John
    I'll be quite disappointed if that isn't sarcasm!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I would have expected something like this

Sadly, these days I supply the padding in all the crucial areas.

3. Likes Martin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    You know its not actually an in house chair, right
    Good lord! you are quite right! How the hell did you know?

I assume you already know this, but digging further,I discover that not only did Formway do the design work but the chair is actually a 'Formway Be' and Gnoll are merely the distributors and get to distribute it as if it is their own product! So you are quite right, under the skin and branding, my fab Bremont is rocking yet another bloody ETA! So I was spot on with the Bremont analogy.

Here's the smoking gun!

http://be.formway.com/be.html

Thanks for the heads up DA. I'm not sure if I'm pleased or disappointed: it's still a bloody cool chair.

Now I'm worrying that, in jumping for a bargain too early in the research process, ! might end up with a fake or franken chair made of recycled chopsticks...

I'm joking, but it's true that I'd never grab an unfamiliar watch on so little research.
    Last edited by Matt; Feb 27, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

5. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Go for the gold-

"Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'll be quite disappointed if that isn't sarcasm!
    I don't think so. My next chair is coming from ikea when I renovate my office (no joke).

Maybe this:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/
    Last edited by gnuyork; Feb 27, 2015 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I don't think so. My next chair is coming from ikea when I renovate my office (no joke).

Maybe this:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00103102/
    I have an old, and much beloved, sheep's fleece birch laminate rocking chair from Ikea, so I know they can do quality kit, but I've tried this one while on one of those interminable wife powered misery drags around the relentlessly cheerful annex of hell that is Ikea (that's a complaint about the place not the products) and I bet you don't.

9. Likes man of kent liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Go for the gold-

I'm intending to use if at my desk/workbench not as an electric chair for baseball themed executions

Still awaiting pictures of it in situ, not to mention a review

Our home office chairs: Herman Miller Setu

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Go for the gold-

When we were discussing furniture for the home theatre in the basement about year and a half ago once as I was finishing building it. I told the wife I just wanted a few of these down there.

We ended up with some leather chaise sectional deal with a queen pull-out instead