Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ralph Lauren's Collection

Ralph Lauren's Collection

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Great article and he sounds like a man of good and simple taste. He buys what he likes and carries everything he owns in such a classy way. Even the huge Pam and Urwerks. His good taste reflects on his own watches. I think he RL line will gain popularity in the WIS community even more over time.

3. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    I think he RL line will gain popularity in the WIS community even more over time.
    Hopefully. I've been preaching about the quality for a while now, but all the skeptics always came out of the woodwork.

5. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    Hopefully. I've been preaching about the quality for a while now, but all the skeptics always came out of the woodwork.
    I seem to be having trouble losing this photo from my phone

7. Likes Imitation of Life, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I seem to be having trouble losing this photo from my phone

Lovely thing, isn't it?

9. Likes Der Amf, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Nice article. I like that he's focused on designs and doesn't see the need for in house movements. Not that I don't like in house movements, it just seems to me unnecessary for his brand.

11. Likes -JP, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    ^ exactly

13. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Great article and he sounds like a man of good and simple taste. He buys what he likes and carries everything he owns in such a classy way. Even the huge Pam and Urwerks. His good taste reflects on his own watches. I think he RL line will gain popularity in the WIS community even more over time.

the huge Panerai

That's a Panerai Radiomir Egiziano..

A little history for ya JP ,as Panerai is full of interesting History IMHO

The original Egiziano was produced exclusively for the Egyptian navy in the 1950's. Hence the name Big Egiziano or Big Egyptian. Egiziano is Italian for Egyptian and where Big comes from is fairly obvious. The original model reference for the watch was GPF 2/56. The size and thickness of the watch can be explained by the requirements of the Egyptian navy, they wanted a big and indestructible diving watch that could take some serious punishment during daily use. The original watch was equipped with an Angelus 240 SF movement with an 8 day power reserve. The dial had the 8 giorni brevettato logo (8 days patented)

A used 1 goes for 28 - 31 K

Panerai built only an estimated 50 units of the Big Egyptian, making the watch very rare and highly collectible.

They have made a PAM341 2009 re-edition of the Radiomir Egiziano
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Nov 11, 2015 at 07:30 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Arnie owns 1
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

16. Likes Nokie liked this post
    I must say that this interview has impressed me. I'm always speaking out against clothes designers that release watches, such as D&G and Armani, but his personal passion for watches comes through in this interview. That he states his personal involvement in every watch design is what convinces me.
    Not sure if I would ever wear one but my opinion has certainly changed.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches