Likes Likes:  267
Page 133 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1391

Thread: SOCCER SPORT Part II

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It’s not VAR, it’s the rules.

Some have assumed that it was Bamford’s lower pointing arm that was ruled offside, but it wasn’t.

In stating that the scoring part of the body is that covered by a T-shirt, and that the scoring part is relevant for offside, Bamford’s upper arm was offside. Clearly, the outcome was daft, but even the BBC’s Match of the Day pundits had to agree that it was technically correct. The rule might be better if it allowed for discretion, but then that would widen the scope for more complaints. Maybe the rule would be better if it said torso and upper shoulder rather than T-shirt area.
    But the camera isn't straight down the line of defenders... If a ball hit that part of the arm and went in, I guarantee it would be ruled out for handball.

I still think VAR is crap and is used to enforce rules made by people who seem to have never actually played the game.
    Last edited by 93EXCivic; Nov 9, 2020 at 07:39 PM.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

We’ve always complained about referees, and we always will. And if we didn’t have camera technology, we’d be saying we should.

We’ve always complained about referees, and we always will. And if we didn’t have camera technology, we’d be saying we should.
    But at least we wouldn't have to deal with the constant delays to game. I just don't see any improvement to the games from VAR. I have been enjoying the Europa group stages and Championship more then the Premier League because it feels kind of like a breathe of fresh air compared to the VAR straggled world of the "elite" leagues.

Wow PSG and Istanbul Basaksehir walk off due to racist abuse by the fourth official...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Well it looks like that some clubs are trying to make the super league happen. If it does European football is dead.

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Well it looks like that some clubs are trying to make the super league happen. If it does European football is dead.

Not sure it would be dead, but definitely impacted. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Not sure it would be dead, but definitely impacted. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Personally I think all teams involved should be banned from domestic and international football. All of the people organizing this should be banned from football for life and all players who play in banned from playing for their nations.

Strange to think that I saw four of the Top Six play in the old Division 2. But for the intervention of an oligarch or a sheik, one or two of them might still be struggling. Go back far enough, and Newcastle and Preston North End were in the top six.

And that’s the way it should be, fluid and dynamic, capable of change. There’s nothing special about 2021 in deciding the natural order of things.

The proposal must be crushed by any means necessary, or the game is torn from its roots and lost.

9. Likes 93EXCivic liked this post
    Strange to think that I saw four of the Top Six play in the old Division 2. But for the intervention of an oligarch or a sheik, one or two of them might still be struggling. Go back far enough, and Newcastle and Preston North End were in the top six.

And that’s the way it should be, fluid and dynamic, capable of change. There’s nothing special about 2021 in deciding the natural order of things.

The proposal must be crushed by any means necessary, or the game is torn from its roots and lost.
    It wasn't all that long ago Man City were playing in League One. And really Arsenal gets in thay group with the way they are managed and the fact they are basically a mid-table team anymore.

This has to smashed. Governments, governing bodies, fans, players, managers and other teams all have to come together to stop this.

Savagely Average
    A bigger question is, if stopped, will it drive other changes in Europe to avoid something like this happening again?