Likes Likes:  267
Page 111 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1391

Thread: SOCCER SPORT Part II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Well we will agree to disagree then. Thought it looked terrible in slow motion (they often do) but at full speed not all that and a yellow was right. Funny how the injured player was fine 5 seconds after the original yellow card. Still, Kolasinac is the worst at pretending to be hurt, annoys me so much. And as an Arsenal fan I may be just a teeny bit biased about the red card!

*Edit - I was wrong about player he tackled who was subsequently subbed off. Still never a red though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Studs up and above the ankle says red card to me. It did look like Meyer was up and running though, but he was eventually removed after initially trying to run off the collision.

Still, it is a judgment call, so I can respect that someone could see it as a yellow.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

And actually, the degree of injury to the tackled player doesn’t determine the card decision.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    And actually, the degree of injury to the tackled player doesn’t determine the card decision.
    That is factually true, yes. And it's also true that a card, yellow or red, can be given for a challenge that doesn't even make contact. But people are people, and you wonder if that has a subconscious effect sometimes.

While I am not a Man U Fan, this is still pretty cool.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/o...nnouncement_NA

5. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    While I am not a Man U Fan, this is still pretty cool.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/o...nnouncement_NA
    I'd definitely get one of Anfield. That's very cool.

Speaking of cool stadium art, Art of Football has some really cool prints of various stadiums at night. https://art-of-football.com/collecti...diums-by-night
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

8. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Eriksen is heading off to Inter for a reported €18m. Dirt cheap for a player of that quality, Spurs were stupid to not sell him in the summer for more.

10. Likes litlmn liked this post
    And Ashley Young to Inter. That’s a nice little bonus for him at the end of his career. It seems as though his choice of clubs might have been between Inter and going back to Watford. I saw him make his debut as a skinny winger and nobody could have predicted that he would become a full-back for United, England and Inter.

Good luck to him. He’s had a quietly extraordinary career. I still see him as that teenager who didn’t look strong enough to survive a tackle, let alone make one.

12. Likes Raza liked this post
    Can we just talk about how mad the Premier League is this year? 4 points between 5th and 14th.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I guess that’s what happens when only one team is capable of performing to its potential, week in, week out.

I can recall that when United were dominant, there was often the feeling that everyone else was letting us win.