Likes Likes:  267
Page 108 of 140 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1391

Thread: SOCCER SPORT Part II

Blog Entries
    So City lost to United, huh? Three points behind Leicester, who plays today.

This makes me smile.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

How fortunes change , old CIty vways coming back we will be playing for fourth place if this goes on

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    How fortunes change , old CIty vways coming back we will be playing for fourth place if this goes on
    Haven't seen you around in a while. Do you think Pep will be fired if he doesn't finish in second?

4. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Haven't seen you around in a while. Do you think Pep will be fired if he doesn't finish
    in second?
    Hi buddy I'm just struggling a little of late tbh , it's in the bag for you of course now maybe it will be a reverse of last season with us picking up a good cup , I cannot see them sacking pep but I can envisage him moving on of his own valition

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    Hi buddy I'm just struggling a little of late tbh , it's in the bag for you of course now maybe it will be a reverse of last season with us picking up a good cup , I cannot see them sacking pep but I can envisage him moving on of his own valition
    I sincerely hope all is well for you, Peter.

Nothing is in the bag yet; it’s not even Christmas. I’m still worried about our attacking and defending depth going through the season. Lovren is playing at CB because Matip is injured and Gomez is needed for cover at RB. Shaqiri and Origi are starting to get more minutes now and making them count, which is nice. But our only cover at left back is a 33 year old central midfielder. And that’s not to say Milner isn’t still a great player, but just like the year he played there while Alberto Moreno warmed the reserve bibs, that’s sort of not his bag. I’d like to see some money spent this January bringing in depth. Even if it’s youngsters who can grow into the role over the next few years, that’s fine. I’m not asking for David Alaba, but I’d have been thrilled with Ryan Sessegnon.

As far as Pep goes, I could see him getting canned if they finish third or fourth behind Leicester and if a top manager is available over the summer. I was thinking that Diego Simeone might be on his way to Arsenal, but now with Napoli needing a new helmsman, I don’t know what’s going to be up with that. Equally likely is him leaving, I agree.

7. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Since when has “clear and obvious” included decisions of millimeters and nanoseconds? Sadie Mané’s goal should have stood; they’ve effectively taken the tie between the defender and the runner off the table. The implementation of VAR has been completely botched in the Prem. And it’s not just this goal; I’ve seen goals chalked off that no human would ever be able to judge for many teams this season. Ridiculous.

9. Likes shameless liked this post
    Tomorrow, when they host Everton, Man. United will reach an astonishing 4,000 consecutive games where a player they have been responsible for developing has been part of their matchday squad.

It’s a staggering statistic, one that dates back to October 1937 and a game against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Marvellous.

Blog Entries
    Look, pragmatically I’m happy with a 1-0 lead going into halftime. But philosophically, Wolves have every right to feel aggrieved by that VAR offside decision. No human would have called that off. No human is capable of calling that off. It was not clear and obvious. The Wolves goal should stand. They’re not following their own laws when it comes to offside and VAR review.

Blog Entries
    Another millimeter decision to chalk off a goal for Sheffield. This is not what VAR is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    This is not what VAR is supposed to be.

No, but off is off and on is on, and we don’t get the fairly frequent mistakes that linesmen used to make.