Likes Likes:  62
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has being a watch forum altered your tastes.

Has being a watch forum altered your tastes.

My first foray into lurking then posting of watch fora was in 2012. In that time I have seen a much wider range of watches and my tastes have definitely changed. This has been increased but spending much more time window shopping and trying things on when possible. I think this is part education, part exposure to more choices and probably part looking at choices other people have made.
    So early 2012 I really wanted one of these - now it would be a definite no...

Have your tastes changed/evolved ?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes Banker liked this post
    I-B feel free to pick me up on my poor English in the thread title, I am sure it made sense when I typed it !

4. Likes I-B liked this post
    Two related factors at work -- in the past decade or so, my style choices have evolved significantly, and that has reflected in my tastes in watches.

I used to be vehemently against bracelets, but these days, I own a few watches with bracelets.

However, in terms of my fundamental taste in watches, that is mostly unchanged. I still think the Submariner and the Speedy are ugly watches.

6. Likes Bwana, Rdenney liked this post
    No, I wouldn't say being on watch forums has changed my taste in watches. My tastes and preference evolved way back in the 1970's and 80's. Being on various forums certainly has opened my eyes to many, many brands and styles I had never heard of, but it hasn't changed my tastes.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

What's wrong with the turbine? There are lots of iterations, I think its pretty neat.

To answer the question, no. Taste and style are different, and while styles come and go, taste is a survivor.

Forums have introduced me to a lot of affordables I might have not found otherwise. Some excellent, others that cannot be unseen.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

10. Likes JAGtime, Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I-B feel free to pick me up on my poor English in the thread title, I am sure it made sense when I typed it !
    I am not a watch forum, I'm a free man

What's wrong with the turbine?
    That one?, the colour is just awful although I might like a different colour.

12. Likes MarkO, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    What's wrong with the turbine? There are lots of iterations, I think its pretty neat.

To answer the question, no. Taste and style are different, and while styles come and go, taste is a survivor.

Forums have introduced me to a lot of affordables I might have not found otherwise. Some excellent, others that cannot be unseen.
    I am not saying anything is wrong with the turbine, it just doesn't excite me like it used to.
    I love the WRUW threads for what comes up. New watches, new combinations with straps. Expanded horizons and often not expanded budgets.

14. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    It's OK. For a Turk, your English is very good.

16. Likes MarkO, Bwana, I-B, jsw41, vinylgreek liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

That one?, the colour is just awful although I might like a different colour.
    Hm, I find the 'Nautica' colourway appealing actually. Its always nice to see a sport watch that doesn't lean on red.

But the turbine has lots of iteration, from notice to interesting to hideous and everything in between:

It is now my duty to completely drain you.