Likes Likes:  6,524
Page 296 of 501 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5001

Thread: MWC PART 9 - Moderate Weatherproof Chronomètre

decent lume mate
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    Good morning all. How is everyone? Anyone still wearing their Eaglemoss pieces? Issue number 13 for me today. German Naval Officer 1960's

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB liked this post
    got to be honest and say no might have some parts knocking around but they was always a stepping stone to the real ones if I like the look and feel on my wrist. I would then go for the real deal . but glad to see some one still wearing and enjoying them mate .

wearing a casio mod today will have to do a pic later
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    Still have some of the early ones in a drawer and I think they will stay,I am still wearing MAS 62 homage with NH35 movement
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

This one

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

so yeah this one

Name:  DSCF6509.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  141.1 KB

Name:  DSCF6514.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  118.0 KB

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes stuart.aspey, DJW GB, Smeagal liked this post
    Poor budget and savings skills still hampers me. Lol. I have, though, since purchased a TW Steel Canteen TW1, a West End Watch Company Sowa Prima (Indian Army 1970's) and a Melbourne Watch Company Sorrento White Dial. I am also looking at Pagani Design and San Martin Watches, but really need to save and get a top notch wear all the time watch. Lol

well found some time good watches can be had for not a lot special if vintage .. most my watches are are sub £50 for the most part that casio mod ss was only like £80 ish

the sowa hmm from memory they was sold in army canteens but never was actually army issued think the misunderstanding down to the name can't remember off the top of my head now but did a post in one of these threads on it. the whole west end co , prima and etc is all mixed up together but great little watches had a few got the dial hands and case for one looking for a donor movement .

yeah looked in to the pags not bad for the money mates had a few.

as for canteen type watches had a few but the crowns always become an issue depending which wrist worn on
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    The West End Watch Co. thus became one of the first companies to make watches that were waterproof and had the Incabloc shock resisting system. For their market in India and the Far East West End used the brand name Sowar on their watches, which means 'one who rides' in Persian and was adopted as the name of cavalry troops in India. The shockproof and waterproof versions were called in addition "Prima". The Sowar Prima became West End's most successful model.

https://www.vintagewatchstraps.com/westend.php

also here

https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.ph...short-history/
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 23, 2020 at 11:25 AM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well found some time good watches can be had for not a lot special if vintage .. most my watches are are sub £50 for the most part that casio mod ss was only like £80 ish

the sowa hmm from memory they was sold in army canteens but never was actually army issued think the misunderstanding down to the name can't remember off the top of my head now but did a post in one of these threads on it. the whole west end co , prima and etc is all mixed up together but great little watches had a few got the dial hands and case for one looking for a donor movement .

yeah looked in to the pags not bad for the money mates had a few.

as for canteen type watches had a few but the crowns always become an issue depending which wrist worn on
    I think there is a quote in one of the later magazines that the same was the case with one of the Seiko's, that army personnel would buy it from the shop on base instead of taking up the army issued watch because they had to be signed in and returned, not sure what the time frame was, after each manoeuvre or term? But it was interesting. And it made watch companies push that little bit harder, just because a certain company had an army contract, personnel could chose to spend their money on alternative watches that were up for the challenge.