Likes Likes:  6,524
Page 307 of 501 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 5001

Thread: MWC PART 9 - Moderate Weatherproof Chronomètre

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    cool russian / swiss ostwok

so dates it from 1995 to 2002 as thats when Ostwok S.A. Illnau was around
    Indeed, I found out after ai purchased, that it wasn't a Boctok. Lol. So, an interesting piece. Just need to get it serviced and working. The strap is apparently a Raketa

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stuart.aspey View Post
    Indeed, I found out after ai purchased, that it wasn't a Boctok. Lol. So, an interesting piece. Just need to get it serviced and working. The strap is apparently a Raketa

yeah it's a vostok I suppose you could call it as made there but for a swiss company you don't see that many with that logo about think djw has one from memory and think I had one ages back but you don't see that many on ebay

should be easy fix worse case just swap in another movements what did they say was wrong with it had loads in my time most seem to have main spring or hair spring issues or the third cog screw working loose
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah it's a vostok I suppose you could call it as made there but for a swiss company you don't see that many with that logo about think djw has one from memory and think I had one ages back but you don't see that many on ebay

should be easy fix worse case just swap in another movements what did they say was wrong with it had loads in my time most seem to have main spring or hair spring issues or the third cog screw working loose
    Yeah, for a piece of history, that logo is a collectible part of watch collecting.

Yeah, for a piece of history, that logo is a collectible part of watch collecting.

yeah bought this seiko for the logo really
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes DJW GB, stuart.aspey liked this post
    I'm not sure what is wrong with it. The crown is loose when trying to wind the hands yet the hands are quite stiff. Once the crown is closed it doesn't run, so not sure what is wrong. Also not sure where to take it to be looked at. Lol, all my other watches are battery operated quartz.

I'm not sure what is wrong with it. The crown is loose when trying to wind the hands yet the hands are quite stiff. Once the crown is closed it doesn't run, so not sure what is wrong. Also not sure where to take it to be looked at. Lol, all my other watches are battery operated quartz.

not sure what you paid hope not a lot as not very cost effective to repair unless you really really like it as a service would be like £30 ish if it just need cleaning more for parts and post ... so yeah these are pretty strong movements in a way so in someway good ones to mess with yourself. my way of thinking with these if it is broke anyway you can't do much more damage to try and fix it your self ..

what do you mean by loose as it's famous for having a wobble crown it is the design of the stem / crown set up ... so you can't turn the hands hmmm guessing stems issues or the little cog that slides between time setting and winding when you pull the stem out . or could be as simple as the stems not in right but yeah guess you playing with it is the best option as you could call it a learning curve .

does it wind or can't you do that either ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    I only paid £25 for it, so not sure if that is excessive for this model. Yes, a good opportunity to learn a bit more about the mechanism.

I only paid £25 for it, so not sure if that is excessive for this model. Yes, a good opportunity to learn a bit more about the mechanism.

a bit high for a none worker looking at my book of what I sold I seemed to get £20 to £30 for working and about £10 to £15 not working depending on condition so yeah some what higher but the dial logo is rarer so

remember one time a few years ago you could get from Russia a none working vostok for like a couple of quid and £3 for post they use to take weeks to turn up thou
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post
    Lol. Yeah, it was maybe a impulse buy. But! I now have a genuine Komandirskie to replace my Eaglemoss Homage. So yeah, I'm happy to pay for it to be serviced too

Lol. Yeah, it was maybe a impulse buy. But! I now have a genuine Komandirskie to replace my Eaglemoss Homage. So yeah, I'm happy to pay for it to be serviced too

think you could buy another decent one for the cost of the service and post mean od put me on to a guy that use to fix Russians but sure he's retired now so not sure where you could go now a days to have it easily fixed mate ..

not doing any thing at the minute can see what ones are on the bay at the minute if you want ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

15. Likes stuart.aspey liked this post