Likes Likes:  5

Thread: **** it's a Delgard calendar ****

**** it's a Delgard calendar ****

and yes you have guess it it came from another job lot so case was practically falling apart and is no longer with us so I have a nice looking movement and a fairly clean dial and it is functioning well and on time from what I can see in fully working order it is just missing some thing ah that it the case will have to keep my eyes open for one

so what do I know about the Degard watch company afraid not a thing lol... so who does I wonder come on tell all you know you want to lol ?

on the movement it has Delgard watches and something underneath I can't read ?

I have a feeling which could be wrong ? .... that Delgard may have something to do with the railway ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    There is certainly not much out there on them. They do seem to want to sell pocketwatches with a railroad motif, but nowhere is there any discussion about the jewel count. I did find that someone took a patent on the name back in 1951 and renewed it in the early 70s, but did not renew it again.

The watch you have has one of those flat type balance wheels that you find more on the more economical watches.

Interesting find!

Dan

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    There is certainly not much out there on them. They do seem to want to sell pocketwatches with a railroad motif, but nowhere is there any discussion about the jewel count. I did find that someone took a patent on the name back in 1951 and renewed it in the early 70s, but did not renew it again.

The watch you have has one of those flat type balance wheels that you find more on the more economical watches.

Interesting find!

Dan
    yeah if I find a case to fit it may find it's way in to the collection as it work's well and is a decent economical watch. the movement is unimpressive but it does what is suppose to do so yeah am thinking German in origin but I could hardly find anything either just a couple of references to a pocket watch Delgard rail time watch what ever that was ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

well guess you could call it a watch again
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Nice, classical pillow style case.

Thanks for sharing!

Dan

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post