Likes Likes:  32
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what cell-phone do you have?

what cell-phone do you have?

I have the Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Name:  samsung-galaxy-s5-g900f-1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  116.6 KB
    I recently started to look for a NOS Nokia 3310.
    Name:  lekki-4.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  41.2 KB
    I don't need all those functions on the latest smartphones. The 3310 can last one week on one battery charge. The functions on that one are enough for me. And...it's soooo vintage, tough my Motorola flair (that i still have) looks way more vintage, but it's also too big and too heavy...
    Name:  mflare.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  7.7 KB

I have the Sony Xperia Z3 I couldn't go back to not having a smart phone

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchy View Post
    I have the Sony Xperia Z3 I couldn't go back to not having a smart phone
    i had the Xperia Z1 and it was the worst phone i EVER owned... I hear nothing but bad things about Sony phones. How is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    i had the Xperia Z1 and it was the worst phone i EVER owned... I hear nothing but bat things about Sony phones. How is yours?
    I think its great cant fault it at all and the battery lasts at least 2 days which is amazing I had the S2 and S4 before it so I was apprehensive moving from Samsung but I dont regret it at all

5. Likes I-B liked this post
    i5

Usually get the new model each year but have no interest in a bigger phone so this one had better last.

I had one of those nokia's when they were new and it wouldn't last more than a couple days back then so can't imagine how it would last a week now. Best phones I've ever had were some old school, and very expensive at the time, samsungs. Still have them actually. More than 15 years packed up in a storage box when I came across them last year and both still had some charge when I powered them on. Couldn't believe it.
    Last edited by Chase; Mar 1, 2015 at 09:07 PM.

7. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    i5

Usually get the new model each year but have no interest in a bigger phone so this one had better last.

I had one of those nokia's when they were new and it wouldn't last more than a couple days back then so can't imagine how it would last a week now. Best phones I've ever had were some old school, and very expensive at the time, samsungs. Still have them actually. More than 15 years packed up in a storage box when I came across them last year and both still had some charge when I powered them on. Couldn't believe it.
    When i served as a commando in (former) Yugoslavia in the early '90's i bought my first cell to phone home. At that time in Europe there was no roaming, so it was way cheaper than calling with a sattelite-phone. I still have that phone (the Motorola Flair) and it is still functioning, but it requires the big simcard (same size as a creditcard)

9. Likes Chase, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    When i served as a commando in (former) Yugoslavia in the early '90's i bought my first cell to phone home. At that time in Europe there was no roaming, so it was way cheaper than calling with a sattelite-phone. I still have that phone (the Motorola Flair) and it is still functioning, but it requires the big simcard (same size as a creditcard)
    I love how you say that almost casually, " when I was a commando in Yugoslavia..."

Back that far we didn't have GSM phones here, it was all CDMA/TDMA. My first one was a Motorla brick. I'm not not have I ever been a commando, but that thing was built like a tank! They actually crashed tested those phones from something like 8 stories high if I recall correctly. Nowadays my iPhone wouldn't stand a chance from my pocket to the floor. Actually that reminds me that is exactly how that 3310 met its fate. I had set it on the roof of my car and drove away. Realized it was missing about a km away and turned around to find it in 1,000 pieces on the concrete. Couldn't believe how badly it imploded. Was a very nice phone for its time though.

11. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I'm not not have I ever been a commando, but that thing was built like a tank! They actually crashed tested those phones from something like 8 stories high if I recall correctly.
    We did not take our phones to the field you know. Imagine mum or nana calling when you are out there. The snipers would have loved that...

13. Likes Chase liked this post
    Samsung S4 with more quirks than a troll. About to trade it in for an iPhone.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Samsung S4 with more quirks than a troll. About to trade it in for an iPhone.
    i would say WHY ( ) but i see you live in the US of A, so i won't