Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Size comparison

Size comparison

Here are a few shots of different sizes on my wrist.

46mm

44mm

43mm

41mm

Now MrsO's 36mm Datejust. I can't put the watch over my hand as 2 links have been removed so it's sitting a bit closer to the camera.

I think I could wear this which would give me a 10mm range.
    What pics do you have of range of sizes?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup, JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Just going to add the Explorer 1 (borrowed )

Thanks Mark- I love that Black Bay. Its probably a good lesson that most people can pull off a variety of sizes.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

5. Likes MarkO liked this post

Size comparison

Well that got my attention!

I think I've got you beat - 12 mm range. I can go from 34mm (vintage Ebel and Omega)

to 46mm (Ebel hexagon).

Anything bigger would not work. I've tried on an Ebel Tekton at 48.5mm and it's a frisbee.
    Last edited by WWII70; Mar 8, 2015 at 04:40 PM.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

7. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Blog Entries
    What I think is that MB II is the wrong size for you and that you need to sell it to me. That's what I think.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

9. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    What I think is that MB II is the wrong size for you and that you need to sell it to me. That's what I think.
    As it is so wrong for me it would be completely unreasonable of me to accept money as you have saved me the embarrassment of wearing it again. Where would I be without my good friends of IWL !

11. Likes Strange liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I think my collection (ignoring for now the Monaco, which is 38mm, but wears bigger because of the shape and my Suunto, since it's a specific/occasional use watch for me) spans a 4mm range, if you count the MM300 as 44mm, which I don't, since it's a 42mm bezel and 44mm case, it's visually closer to 42mm. I most commonly wear 42mm and 43mm.

13. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Blog Entries
    By the way, Mark, the Datejust is definitely too small for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I think my collection (ignoring for now the Monaco, which is 38mm, but wears bigger because of the shape and my Suunto, since it's a specific/occasional use watch for me) spans a 4mm range, if you count the MM300 as 44mm, which I don't, since it's a 42mm bezel and 44mm case, it's visually closer to 42mm. I most commonly wear 42mm and 43mm.
    Your preference seems to be in quite a tight size range, do you look at a watch and dismiss it as a potential for you when you see the size. A square 38mm wears considerably bigger than the pure dimensions suggest. Same with Reverso, they always seem bigger in reality than I was expecting.
    I agree about the MM300 it just does not wear like 44mm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    By the way, Mark, the Datejust is definitely too small for you.
    I tried on an Oyster Perpetual 36mm to try get the look of the old Explorer 1, and it didn't quite do what I hoped for me. I also found it really tight to get over my hand. The bracelet with all the links in place was a good fit when done up but the expansion when open to put it on was a real squeeze.

The 39 mm Explorer 1 fits perfectly and again I would like just a little more room when putting it on, anyone else fine this. Not 100% I have measured correctly but if the bracelet fits my 7.5" wrist I need it to expand to about 11" to slip in place if I fold my thumb in towards the palm to make the smallest shape.