Likes Likes:  26

Thread: went for a knife came back with a box

Red face went for a knife came back with a box

took a drive to a militaria fair yesterday looking obviously not looking for watch related items -small stall in a corner a guy has a box simply holding military buttons - he was surprised when i asked if the box was for sale -it was simply holding items he was selling , the box seemed irrelevant to him - its at this point one wonders if he knows the value -he said £30 so i realised he didn't - i said £25 and he said ok
    probably isn't interesting to some but those of us with vintage are interested in the right boxesName:  garrard1.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  50.4 KBName:  garrards2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  114.6 KB

but it really is difficult to find vintage Omega boxes that are not shabby and cut marked etc -ie 50's/60's in good condition - the watch holder was absent but no matter -big bonus was the box was an unusual one in that a deep silk inner padding was hallmarked Garrard &Co , the Queen's jewellers and second huge bonus was it was specifically stamped for Constellation -i had recently picked up a 60' Connie so it was perfect find -
    if you don't know a box like this would be valued £100 upwards - result !!! so keep your eyes peeled in the most unusual places

That's awesome! congrats!

3. Likes shameless liked this post
    Nice find Peter, though it was slightly overshadowed that I thought you got the watch included for that too for a second!!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nice find Peter, though it was slightly overshadowed that I thought you got the watch included for that too for a second!!
    hahaha... it great that i'm not alone! i was thinkin' the exact same thing for some split seconds.. =D

6. Likes ljb187, shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    in retrospect geoff -i guess it shows something about me to get excited over an empty box

8. Likes geoffbot, JAGtime liked this post
    Great find, Peter. Really, really special!

Jane

10. Likes shameless liked this post
    Nice score Shameless! Wonderful addition to your collection.

I just bought a vintage piece yesterday and it's got some nice additions. The watch does not come with the box,I have more than one of them already, but it does come with the original warranty card and owners manual.

12. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    in retrospect geoff -i guess it shows something about me to get excited over an empty box
    True, but you are not alone.

14. Likes shameless, iyonk liked this post
    i always have a rue smile when i see vintage watches for sale with original box -original to the timeframe maybe but the likelyhood of original to the watch is very slim -

Looks to be in great shape. Nice find.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

17. Likes shameless liked this post