Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guinand GmbH back in business

Guinand GmbH back in business

I was saddened last year when I learned that Guinand, the company Helmut Sinn purchased in 1996 after he sold Sinn GmbH, was closing its doors. Herr Sinn had long been out of its day-to-day operation, and Horst Hassler, the managing director, was retiring. Similar in many respects to the Sinn line, at more moderate prices, with an emphasis more on basic quality than on more expensive hi-tech, they had some very attractive products. My 40.50.20 fleiger/chrono has been a favorite of mine since I got it.

Guinand, as some of you know, had for quite some time done manufacturing for Sinn, and when Herr Sinn left the company (and there are threads on this forum about that), he decided to manufacture watches more in sync with his original vision.

So today, I find on a new website, the announcement that Guinand's product line will continue under new directorship.

Their temporary website: Guinand GmbH
    Last edited by dbakiva; Mar 4, 2015 at 04:42 AM.

2. Likes Bwana, ljb187 liked this post
    Cool. I always thought they made underrated pieces and some of the designs, especially the pilot- related stuff, are very nice.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Got my name down , love some of their stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Dbakiva

In case you'd like a nice look, here is my Guinand 40.50.20 fleiger/chrono, very similar to the Sinn 103. With sapphire crystal front AND back, and a nicely decorated ETA/Valjoux 7750:

Name:  Guinand40L.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  65.2 KB

6. Likes Teeritz, synequano, Raza, popoki nui liked this post
    I want anothet regulateur , or just one of their simple 31's:

Name:  SERIES-31.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  129.1 KB

The lower three maybe not but the rest are
    I just love the movement on this model

8. Likes hayday liked this post
    I always liked their watches, so I will check it out.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Thank you, that's great news. I'll be keeping an eye on the site.

I used to have one and sometimes wish I still had it. Was a nicely made watch at a nice price.

11. Likes dbakiva liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    In case you'd like a nice look, here is my Guinand 40.50.20 fleiger/chrono, very similar to the Sinn 103. With sapphire crystal front AND back, and a nicely decorated ETA/Valjoux 7750:

Name:  Guinand40L.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  65.2 KB
    Great watch! I almost went for one of those about 10-12 years ago. I looked at the Kobold Endurance B, and then at the Guinand 40.50.20, but was wary of buying a watch without trying it on. They were only available through the Guinand website at the time.
    In the end, Sinn watches became available in Australia and I got myself a 103 St Sa Chronograph, but I'll always have a soft spot for the Guinand chrono.
    Good to hear that they're back in business.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

13. Likes dbakiva liked this post
    Help me out here, guys....Is it "Guinand" as in g (as in the start of "green") -win (as in the regular way) -and?

Blog Entries
    I've always just pronounced it "Gweenand" Sort of like Elmer Fudd saying "green and".

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

16. Likes Domo liked this post