Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it bad to have zero ideas as to what your next watch will be?

Savagely Average
    I rarely know what my next purchase is......typically, when I think I do, something else catches my eye and finds its way to the watch box first

I am pretty fickle and often don't know what I an getting next. I still buy more odd vintage than new pieces. The vagaries of the vintage world and my general attitude make me something of an opportunist buyer. Since completing the NCC family I have been at loose ends but a few things are now in the works and an email this morning from a friend on another forum seems to point at the next acquisition. And within the realm of my collection, it's pretty cool.

I do not know how fast it will be though, as the email suggests "soon".

3. Likes OhDark30, FuzzyB liked this post
    Hoo boy, don't I wish!!

5. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Of course, one in means one out........
    That's a point. Maybe I had to wait for the one that would be leaving to identify itself first? Maybe once it had wandered to the edge of the cliff its replacement appeared out of nowhere and nudged it off to its doom?

7. Likes whatmeworry, OhDark30 liked this post
    It's good to have zero ideas what to get. For me anyway as 20+years collecting I'm actually getting "tired" constantly searching for something that satisfies me in a piece more then what I have already. Whether it's comfort, the satisfaction of level of fit and finish for the money and budget , interest in the movement of just personal style the last few purchased make me feel very happy in all those categories and now I can actually concentrate and appreciate what I do have in my collection I purchased with my hard earned money instead of immediately looking for "the next best thing". This is a great thread it's making me think I need to appreciate my humble small collection that I currently have and what I love about the pieces I acquired and what gave them the staying power in the collection
    Last edited by -JP; May 4, 2015 at 12:12 PM.

9. Likes Jazzmaster liked this post
    I don't think it's bad. I'm sure with enough time the issue will sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Looking at Geoff's What's Your Next Watch Thread made me realise.....

....aside from currently unobtainable desires I've no plans at all, other than to enjoy what I've got for a while.

(Note: this is no kind of prediction re future purchasing patterns )
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That's where I am at the moment, too.
    Today, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    None whatsoever. I have registered an interest in a rather attractive dive project though, so if that happens that might be my next. Off course, one in means one out........
    So here we are, all back at this place again....

Settling on a decision for me probably means I haven't seen and handled the right one .
    I thought I had decided and then played with the object of my desire at an AD and hated it. Not just didn't like it enough but really didn't like it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Settling on a decision for me probably means I haven't seen and handled the right one .
    I thought I had decided and then played with the object of my desire at an AD and hated it. Not just didn't like it enough but really didn't like it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! What was that?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ha! What was that?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

16. Likes Der Amf, synequano liked this post