Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pics added - Used watch arrived with multiple flaws - who pays return shipping?

Put the ball back in his court.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    I'd ask that they pay the return shipping. Although I think PayPal expects buyers to pay return shipping if the item isn't as described.
    Not true, ebay will supply pre-paid return (effectively freepost to you) labels (over here at least) if it's not as described , and they charge the seller for providing this return route.

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    No question, it is on him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Pics did not show the flaws and their was no mention of the stripped screw.
    In that case, they should cover the shipping.

(always wanted to use this emoticon)
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

7. Likes I-B, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post

(always wanted to use this emoticon)
    I'm surprised we made it to page 2 before this one popped up! The watch is not very common so if I post pics it would be very easy to find the seller. I sent him a email yesterday evening and want to give him time to respond. If he tells me to pound sand and I have to file a grievance with PayPal I'll post pics and maybe a video of the stripped screw.

The seller offered to send me a strap that doesn't fit the watch in question and suggested I wear the watch now and sell it at a later date. I let him that would not work for me for me. With the time and money required to have the watch repaired it makes more sense to send the watch back and receive a refund. I'll let you know what he says.

Update #2

Again I politely explained the repair costs would cost half of what I paid for the watch and that I would be better of buying it new at this point. Additionally, I would take a huge loss selling the watch given it's flaws.

The seller responded that some transactions exceed our expectations and some do not and that he has never been compensated when a watch did not. His offer of the "virtually unworn strap" was to "sweeten" the deal. The strap he was offering doesn't even fit the watch in question which is probably a good thing because I can't change the strap with the stripped screw! He closed by offering to provide some other WUS members names who expressed interest in the watch.

I replied that I purchased a used watch not a damaged watch and that I don't know how he could over look all the flaws but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. However, I am asking him to make it right and issue a refund or I'll open a Paypal claim.

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    I try to give someone 2 or 3 chances to get to the right answer, but if they can't...well then time to solve it myself. I hope the seller has a change of heart on this.

Update #3
    Seller said he's not in a position to issue a refund and suggested I sell the watch and move on. I opened a Paypal claim.

14. Likes JAGtime, Der Amf liked this post