Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Just arrived. Ebel 6-pack (well, 7)

Threaded View

Just arrived. Ebel 6-pack (well, 7)

WARNING picture heavy

So I was sitting at home recently and the nice lady from Movado Company Store called to say they were having a sale over the President’s Day weekend offering Ebel watches at 70% off MSRP. What was unusual was the selection of watches they received from Movado (in Switzerland, apparently) for the sale. It was an opportunity to pick up some rare and some unusual Ebels, so I could not resist and ordered these six…..

First up is a frequently seen Ebel (at least in Movado Stores), the Brasilia tank chrono which sports a ETA 2894-A2 engine on a rubber strap. I’ve never owned a rectangular watch so I thought I’d give it a go.
    Name:  P1070144.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  53.6 KB
    Name:  P1070152 small.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  37.5 KB

Second, is a 1911 with a ETA 2892-A2 movement on a supple SS bracelet. This unfortunately does not have the gold bezel and chronometer grade movement but it is nonetheless a very nice simple, elegant three-hander perfectly sized for a dress watch.
    Name:  P1070120 small.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  51.8 KBName:  P1070121 small.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  49.0 KB
    Last edited by WWII70; Mar 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme