Likes Likes:  135
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pilot Watches?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    The woman I married still says: "Oh neat!" when she comes upon something that delights her.

People who say "neat" to mean "cool" are al~right in my book.
    I read the first sentence and got scared.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    I read the first sentence and got scared.
    No, she's not underage. And not mail order either. All legit.

3. Likes Rob, Bwana liked this post
    I think it was the terrifying prospect of someone choosing to marry you, Tom. And of future progeny too, of course.

5. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Well, she's terrified now!

But then she's a bit of a beast herself, so...

Thanks for that... mental image.

8. Likes Samanator, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Thanks for that... mental image.
    You have no idea.
    Last edited by Chronopolitano; Nov 18, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Tom, that looks like you without the mullet.

11. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Sorry to return to topic. I generally leaned to different Pilot watches.

One of my favorite was the Ball Aviator Dual Time that has some of Balls best nighttime colors:

Not the traditional Pilot, but with an aviation theme because it was co-designed with Brian Binnie (SpaceShipOne). The Spacemaster Orbital GMT LE has the Amortizer system that allows the rotor to be disengaged during high shock situations(see the propeller switch on the back) The other cool thing is the GTLS tubes in the chronograph pushers. Not for the small of wrist with a total 54mm width with the crown guard and 57.5mm lug-to-lug.

This pair is a little more traditional with the Zenith being the only one that can say Pilot on the dial. The GO features a cool second hand zero button. The Button on the Zenith sets the GMT hand.

Adding a few from Bremont:
    ALT-1C

MB-II

Last edited by Samanator; Dec 5, 2015 at 01:58 AM.

Can't post more than one "like" for a single post. And the one above by BlackCat deserves more than one!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    For some reason, although I have more divers than pilots, I tend to favor pilots over divers for their clean design.
    (So then why do I have more divers?? DOH! I guess divers offer more variety... Sigh.)
    Not so sure about the variety thing. Think about it, nearly every major watch Manufacturer offers one or more. Think about the variety in just one line, Breitling. They have probably a dozen substantially different pilot watches. Look at Rolex, Omega, Tutima, Hanhart, Sinn, etc. etc. Have a look at BlackCat's er... post above (okay, I was tempted... ). There is one heck of a lot of variety out there!
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

14. Likes Samanator, Rob liked this post

16. Likes Rob, N/A, birdynamnam liked this post