Likes Likes:  3

Thread: **** Charterhouse Square discovery ****

**** Charterhouse Square discovery ****

Well while reading the BBC News I came across a interesting article about them finding the mass graves from the black death that happen in England and most of Europe in the 14th century. It has always been known about but the exact location was unknown till now it has been found when the cross-rail was excavating possible location for extending the cross rail further.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26770334

it is sad but also of major importance in several ways they can now be recognised and bury properly and also the information gleamed will be of scientific importance

and they can be interred now with care and respect

so may they rest in peace now
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Interesting stuff. I was listening to a news story about this on BBC World Service last night.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

Jeannie
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Interesting stuff. I was listening to a news story about this on BBC World Service last night.
    yes I love watching programmes explaining the past and our history and being in Europe we have a lot old building and fascinating places to visit will such long history's

near me we have two churches in one a old wooded medieval one on the inside then a stone one built around and over it quite beautiful it is to
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I've seen it described as the plague pit, but as far as I know there were many, and they have been dug into many times before. The London Underground is largely nineteenth century, and there are reports of digging into plague pits from that time.

The Charterhouse pit is a pretty big one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I've seen it described as the plague pit, but as far as I know there were many, and they have been dug into many times before. The London Underground is largely nineteenth century, and there are reports of digging into plague pits from that time.

The Charterhouse pit is a pretty big one, though.
    yes but I think this is the one that was well document but for the fact of the location of it which apparently got lost.. it was the largest and also was apparently use for those poor souls who lost there life in both of the fires of London ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy