Likes Likes:  214
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch band advice thread

^^^
    I don't like them visually and I don't really dig the leather/rubber combo.

All Di-Modell straps are advertised as water-resistant (and judging by the one I've been using, they are).

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ^^^
    I don't like them visually and I don't really dig the leather/rubber combo.

4. Likes rodia77 liked this post

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    I wrote to the makers, let's see what they say.
    It shouldn't have happened, but it is also true that this type of leather is sometimes very greasy and causes the leather to separate.
    On the other hand, we recommend that with this type of strap try not to get it wet, it is not prepared for use in water.
    If you need a strap to swim or get into the pool or beach, I recommend our Buffalo Extreme strap.
    We will send you a new strap with the same specifications as the one you purchased.

(I was upfront about the showers so they totally had the option to just say it was that and dismiss me).

Here's the mentioned Buffalo Extreme: https://atelierferrer.com/collection...-18-20-22-24mm

Before:

Name:  signal-2021-02-26-142156_008.jpeg
Views: 79
Size:  258.6 KB

Name:  signal-2021-02-26-142156_005.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  29.0 KB

After:

Name:  signal-2021-02-26-142156_004.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  signal-2021-02-26-142156_003.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  52.3 KB

Photo skills as usual.

TBH, I was quite reluctant to take it off the iyonk, I think it was a very good match, but it was either that or buying a new watch to match the strap with blue stitching.

9. Likes CFR, hayday, skywatch, Strela167 liked this post
    ^^^

That works.

11. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Name:  signal-2021-02-26-142156_003.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  52.3 KB

TBH, I was quite reluctant to take it off the iyonk, I think it was a very good match, but it was either that or buying a new watch to match the strap with blue stitching.
    That looks really good. You know how I loves me a iyonkstrap, but the lighter tan and blue stitch here brings out highlights in the watch dial, and it's quite cheerful over all.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

13. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    It shouldn't have happened, but it is also true that this type of leather is sometimes very greasy and causes the leather to separate.
    On the other hand, we recommend that with this type of strap try not to get it wet, it is not prepared for use in water.
    If you need a strap to swim or get into the pool or beach, I recommend our Buffalo Extreme strap.
    We will send you a new strap with the same specifications as the one you purchased.

(I was upfront about the showers so they totally had the option to just say it was that and dismiss me).

Here's the mentioned Buffalo Extreme: https://atelierferrer.com/collection...-18-20-22-24mm
    How about that blue Buffalo Extreme with the Alpinist? Would look great. Too much blue?

That might be a great match for my 009.

Yep, too much blue. I think the original blue strap, while nice quality, was a rather poor stylistic choice, too.

Which MN style do you think will fly better with the blue Alpinist?

Name:  81iWkciLpfL._AC_UX522_.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  61.1 KB

or

Name:  81wIp6Z3pxL._AC_UX466_.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  47.2 KB

?

Or something else? (Blue not welcome ).