Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor North Flag - new Tudor?

Tudor North Flag - new Tudor?

Have you seen this?

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tudor-north-flag-watch/

Hmmm...COSC, 70h pr, in-house movement...

But -

"No word yet on the pricing at this point but we will know more next week. Having said that, it is safe to say that the North Flag will cost more than current Tudor sport watches because of the movement but a bit less than Rolex watches. So I am guessing somewhere in the $5,000 - $6,000 range that will still make them a good value for a handsome adventure-style timepiece."

I think a Tudor has to be more than 'a bit' less than a Rolex.

Better wait and see

Reminds me allot of the old Ranger II.

Name:  TudorRanges.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  174.8 KB

5. Likes MarkO, popoki nui, Der Amf liked this post
    How interesting! My bank balance is already quivering. I'll be watching with even more interest to see if Tudor brings out some other new lines, as the article seems to allude.

~Sherry,
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes JAGtime, Nokie liked this post
    That's very nice. Too nice, dammit

Paying a premium for long PRs on autos seem kinda pointless (unless you have *exactly* the right rotation pattern), and I dislike an indicator on the dial. Silicon balance is nice of course, as is cosc. What grade 2892s does Tudor use in the black bay?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

They're 2824s in the Black Bay and Peg.

The Tudor 2824-2's start as Top grade, so they have all the parts that the Chronometer grade movements do, without the actual testing being done. The shock system is then changed from Incabloc to Kif, and they remove the ETACHRON system, and implement a more traditional stud on the balance spring, and traditional regulator pins

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    They're 2824s in the Black Bay and Peg.
    Ah - gotcha. Do you know what grade?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Paying a premium for long PRs on autos seem kinda pointless (unless you have *exactly* the right rotation pattern), and I dislike an indicator on the dial. Silicon balance is nice of course, as is cosc. What grade 2892s does Tudor use in the black bay?
    Have to say that I still don't really see the need for PRs, especially on a watch with a 70h reserve