Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor North Flag - new Tudor?

Ooh - wonder if the in house movement will just be a modified 2824 clone? To go in their existing range?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'm beginning to feel the opposite: I can't see the point of an auto that *doesn't* have a PR.

-Hi, I'm an auto and I'm running *smug expression*

-Great, for how much longer?

-Woudn't you like to know?! *even yet more smug expression*

But, like Geoff, not keen on them on the dial, and think they're better safely out of harm's way on the back
    I didn't even know they put them on the back!

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I didn't even know they put them on the back!
    Eg

Eg
    Clever.
    But then you have to take it off....

I guess the bit I don't get is:
    If I'm going to wear and it's running when I put it on, then it will keep running.
    If it isn't running it a wave or a wind and it starts and then I set it.
    So what does a PR indicator actually give me in practical terms?
    I kind of get it on solar watches as you can make sure you leave them in the sun.

When you take it off you look at the back and know when it'll stop working. And you might elect to wind it up a bit. Or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Clever.
    But then you have to take it off....

I guess the bit I don't get is:
    If I'm going to wear and it's running when I put it on, then it will keep running.
    If it isn't running it a wave or a wind and it starts and then I set it.
    So what does a PR indicator actually give me in practical terms?
    I kind of get it on solar watches as you can make sure you leave them in the sun.
    That one is a hand cranker to be fair.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

When you take it off you look at the back and know when it'll stop working. And you might elect to wind it up a bit. Or whatever.
    Wouldn't it be easier just to wind it though? Then you don't have to take it off.... Just saying....

Hmm wonder what the second new Tudor will be.

I have a PR itch that continually needs to be scratched. Something like this would give me a fourth long reserve, and I like that direction. Always room in th box for another Tudor.

But I mostly can't stand proprietary lugs, unless I never plan on changing straps. Or I supposed I could make my own like I'm planning on for the Maldives.

In any case, I'll be watching this with interest.

edit: and yeah whoever said 40mm I am in agreement with, 40-41 about what this looks like to me based on the pictures, and Tudors I already own. Scale looks very similar to the Ranger. Doesn't look 42, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Chase; Mar 11, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

9. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Hmm wonder what the second new Tudor will be.

I have a PR itch that continually needs to be scratched. Something like this would give me a fourth long reserve, and I like that direction. Always room in th box for another Tudor.

But I mostly can't stand proprietary lugs, unless I never plan on changing straps. Or I supposed I could make my own like I'm planning on for the Maldives.

In any case, I'll be watching this with interest.

edit: and yeah whoever said 40mm I am in agreement with,mthats what this looks like to me based on the pictures, and Tudors I already own. Scale looks very similar to the Ranger.
    But you already have the Ranger, Chase! And the Advisor? Are you going to let it down?

11. Likes Chase liked this post
    Last edited by Chase; Mar 11, 2015 at 07:28 PM.