Likes Likes:  40
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Man Buys Datejust

Possibly the nicest Datejust i've seen.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Beautiful write-up!
    The date just is a classic, perhaps the most iconic Rolex, and inspired even more than the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Care to post some movements specs, or not?!

I know little of movements.

Its a 3135.

http://www.chronometrie.com/rolex3135/rolex3135.html

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Excellent write up Sir!!

right now i can only dream of owning one someday... but its very entertaining to see the beautiful picts on your post and i enjoy reading it..

once again thank you..

Excellent choice! The Datejust really is a timeless design and the model you selected is superb.

I agree about the comfort. I actually never thought much about the Datejust until I put it on and was astonished at how comfortable it is. After wearing it I sometimes wonder why I even want to wear anything else.

Very nice. Looking at the first picture, I thought, "elegant simplicity." Then you used almost the identical expression a paragraph later...

Excellent Choice! Congratulations on both the watch and the milestone!

I agree with those who say 60 isn’t old. My Dad was 52 when I was born, so 60 just seems like middle age to my mind.
    Ball | Baume et Mercier | Christopher Ward | Elgin | Frederique Constant | Hamilton | Helson | Longines | Lum-Tec | Nomos Glashütte | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Tag Heuer | Tissot

Congrats! I have to say I do like the look of the several non-traditional datejust variations such as yours (smooth bezel instead of fluted, oyster bracelet instead of jubilee).

Unmistakably a datejust but, at least to my eyes, a bit unusual and a modern look.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Different Rolex next to an Omega...

I've been looking at some older 36mm watches too and I find myself drawn to the older bezels, rather than the newer pointed/fluted bezels.
    The (white dial) Turn o Graph is tugging at my mind at the moment.

Awsome review and great photos - thanks! There's a reason it's the best seller and long-time classic. I'm with you in that I prefer the domed bezel and oyster bracelet. Congratulations!