Likes Likes:  40
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Old Man Buys Datejust

Right now, I prefer the Datejust, but right now isn't the time for unequivocal judgements. We'll see.

Been meaning to post just to say I really enjoyed your write up. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I rarely check accuracy. I notice if it's more than fifteen seconds or so, but that's it. .
    I took your word for how accurate the Wempe chronometer was ,.... and you were similarly vague about its accuracy.........

.......I have to say you were spot on though with your vagueness........I have no idea how accurate it is either! cos I don't check these things regularly.

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    What exactly is the size? It looks like it fits your wrist quite well, and your wrist isn't much smaller than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    What exactly is the size? It looks like it fits your wrist quite well, and your wrist isn't much smaller than mine.

36mm x 11.7mm. My wrists are 7.5".

The pictures slightly exaggerate the size, in the way that wrist-shots do, but not dramatically.

Missed this 1.
    Count me in as an old man then because that's a beauty.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

What a great write-up, thanks for taking the time and adding some stunning pics.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Also count me in as an old man !!!!
    This is my grail watch my wife bought it for me for my 60th but even more thought went into it as because of finance my 40th was not celebrated. So she found me a 1996 model and because i liked the Air King and the Explorer 1 (but the size of the 34mm Air King more) and had the hour and minute hands from the Explorer fitted to my Air King making it the best watch I've ever owned

Sent from my Harrier Tab from EE using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SBJB93; Apr 25, 2017 at 08:19 AM.

10. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have been a member for years and never really visited. I too got my Datejust for my 60th in November as well as a retirement gift from my wife. Great review Tribe and I get it I really do.

12. Likes CFR, tribe125, geoffbot, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter.lind2 View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have been a member for years and never really visited. I too got my Datejust for my 60th in November as well as a retirement gift from my wife. Great review Tribe and I get it I really do.
    to the Forum