Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent dive trip

Recent dive trip

5 days on a dive boat in the South Andaman Sea
    Fowled by this group and despite wearing a highly polished watch I was never attacked

A swim by

Last edited by Lexvil; Mar 12, 2015 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post

Loving these especially

Fantastic pictures.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Lex,
    Please let me know, next dive trip -- I want to go !
    Whale shark is amazing -- what depth ?
    What about the dive boat, friends, travel ?
    Jim

STEELHEAD
    Designer: Nick Slater

I had to google Andaman Sea ... very exotic for sure.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andaman_Sea

STEELHEAD
    Designer: Nick Slater

Hey Jim,
    My Thai buddy may not set up another one for a few years, he has two big trips already for next year but he travels more than I like to and he just may come up with another Thailand trip sooner.
    I was running about 80 feet when the Whale Shark was spotted, they tend to run near the surface, 20 feet or so but will turn to check out divers and swim with them for a while.

We tend to use dive boats that cater to the locals, better service overall, need local connections to get the best deal. The whole thing, Cambodia 3 days in a nice Hotel and guided tours of the ruins, several days in Bangkok, flights from BKK to Seim Reap and back, air to Puket and back, air from SFO to BKK and home again plus 5 days on the lovebird boat including more meals than I could eat was a little less than $3300

Awesome. I kinda wanna go diving now
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes Lexvil liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Awesome. I kinda wanna go diving now
    Funnily enough, the Shoreham power station has a massive cooling vent not far out to sea and the plume of hot water attracts some very interesting marine life. There's a dive club and shop in Lancing who would probably take you out there for an introductory dive if you practised in their diving pool a bit first. It's not quite up to the standard of this fabulous series of dive, but for the UK it's pretty cool stuff.

10. Likes Lexvil, geoffbot liked this post

12. Likes geoffbot, birdynamnam, BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Funnily enough, the Shoreham power station has a massive cooling vent not far out to sea and the plume of hot water attracts some very interesting marine life. There's a dive club and shop in Lancing who would probably take you out there for an introductory dive if you practised in their diving pool a bit first. It's not quite up to the standard of this fabulous series of dive, but for the UK it's pretty cool stuff.
    That sounds mighty tempting - thanks Matt
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague