Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *** beginners guide to what all those abbreviations really mean yup here they are ***

*** beginners guide to what all those abbreviations really mean yup here they are ***

Well guys and girls have you been reading and chatting on some of the threads when you sudden get an abbreviation we all know what w.i.s is or a form of w.i.s

but some of the others get's you and going duh or huh so let make it simple a list so members like me can find out what you guys are really talking about haha

so T.T.F.N

(Ta Ta For Now)
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    WTF ?

4. Likes whatmeworry, popoki nui, Chase, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    WTF ?
    haha I know what that one means but I just to dam polite to say
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    SMH

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I like the idea of abbreviations that improve of put twists on the well know ones. For example, instead of LOL, consider the variants :
    SBFN - Sprayed blood from nose... For when you're laughing REALLY hard
    LVQ - Laughing very quietly... For when then object of ridicule is in the room / thread

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    SMH
    I know this one it must be Sidney morning herald did I get it right
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I like the idea of abbreviations that improve of put twists on the well know ones. For example, instead of LOL, consider the variants :
    SBFN - Sprayed blood from nose... For when you're laughing REALLY hard
    LVQ - Laughing very quietly... For when then object of ridicule is in the room / thread
    lol think I am going to make some up and slip them in to comments to see if anyone notices haha so g.t.e. a. l.b.n haha
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

always wondered why the word 'abbreviation' was so long check this Russian abbreviation out NIIOMTPLABOPARMBETZHELBETRABSBOMONIMONKONOTDTEKHSTROMONT

Meaning: Laboratory for Shuttering, Reinforcement, Concrete and Ferroconcrete Operations for Composite-monolithic and Monolithic Constructions of the Department of Technology of Building Assembly Operations of the Scientific Research Institute of the Organization for Building Mechanization and Technical Aid of the Academy of Building and Architecture of the USSR.

Thanks for this thread. As a non-native English speaker this is really helpfull. The English-speakers think the whole world speaks fluid English and knows all the abbreviations they use...

Last edited by I-B; Mar 11, 2015 at 12:39 AM.

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Thanks for this thread. As a non-native English speaker this is really helpfull. The English-speakers think the whole world speaks fluid English and knows all the abbreviations they use...

I'm English speaking and I have not got a clue what half of them are I got confused with i.r.l and o.t.i the other day when chatting apparently they mean

i.r.l -- in really life

o.t.i --- on the internet

so yes be fun if the members who know could list a few of them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes I-B liked this post