Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raketa Olympic watch

Raketa Olympic watch

I got this a little while ago for eBay but when I received it the crystal was literally hanging off. It was also one of those nasty plastic ones which is raised without being pleasantly domed, if you know what I mean. I contacted the seller and got £10 of the £22 that I'd paid back and then took the watch to a watchmaker in Hove - Time Restoration. I'd never used them before (found them via Google), but have to say I was impressed. Couple of friendly young guys working in a compact but we'll appointed premises. They have a workbench set up right in the window, which is a nice touch.
    Anyway, a week and a half and £20 later and the watch is back with me complete with a lovely domed plexiglass crystal which sets of the funky vintage style of the piece wonderfully. I'll be wearing it tomorrow on a perlon strap (lugs are 16mm, but I've managed to cram an 18mm in there as I don't have any 16s).
    What do you think?

Also interested to know what people know about the watch, I'm assuming it was made to commemorate the 1980 Moscow Olympics?

2. Likes is that my watch, DJW GB, OhDark30 liked this post
    yes it was as you say a raketa Moscow Olympics. I know the bracelets are terrible but an original 80's one would set that off a treat you know I have probably got one knocking around from a raketa world timer which I think is the same size will check later if it is .. it's yours if it will complete the look you are wanting ? very nice I was lusting after the green dial one got sniped on it what's it got under the hood a 2209 ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

is it an auto ? think they was autos if I remember right
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yes it was as you say a raketa Moscow Olympics. I know the bracelets are terrible but an original 80's one would set that off a treat you know I have probably got one knocking around from a raketa world timer which I think is the same size will check later if it is .. it's yours if it will complete the look you are wanting ? very nice I was lusting after the green dial one got sniped on it what's it got under the hood a 2209 ?
    That would be great if you have it, mate

is it an auto ? think they was autos if I remember right
    No, it's a manual

yeah just check looks like they did a think it was a 2209 manual or could have been a 2628 maybe
    then they did a 2627 I think it was but I could be slightly off

I would go with my first thought of a 2209 ?

I will check in a minute for you you say 16 mm ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

yeah just check looks like they did a think it was a 2209 manual or could have been a 2628 maybe
    then they did a 2627 I think it was but I could be slightly off

I would go with my first thought of a 2209 ?

I will check in a minute for you you say 16 mm ?
    Yep, 16mm

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Yep, 16mm
    I think it a funny one if I remember right it is 17mm it takes. I got one that is a 17mm
    so p.m me your addy and will post in the morning and if it fits great if not it don't matter does it you will have one for the next ruskie haha
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I think it a funny one if I remember right it is 17mm it takes. I got one that is a 17mm
    so p.m me your addy and will post in the morning and if it fits great if not it don't matter does it you will have one for the next ruskie haha
    It might be actually, certainly less than 18mm but not by much so you're probably right. Cheers, you're a gent

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    It might be actually, certainly less than 18mm but not by much so you're probably right. Cheers, you're a gent
    well a lot of bracelets I can't wear so if some one can get some use out of it why not indeed better then it just sitting in a box mate as I said will post in the morning
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes whatmeworry liked this post