Likes Likes:  422
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Seiko Appreciation Thread. Share your pics and stories!

A couple of years back, I stumbled across some pre-publicity for the release of the SBGE021 Limited Edition. I was stunned by the beauty of this watch. I quickly dove in and did my research on Grand Seiko. At the time, there wasn't a lot out there -- but, what I was able to find convinced me that Grand Seiko was a force to be reckoned with. And, so, I took the plunge. Man, am I ever glad I did. Not only is this one an incredibly beautiful timepiece -- but the GMT functionality, in my view, is unsurpassed. Add to that the incredible accuracy of the Spring Drive. Bliss!

Then, came the Snowflake. I had been looking for a watch that I could use for dress purposes that was simple, straightforward -- but, that would nevertheless have its own special character. The Snowflake was it! To this day, I love the story behind this watch -- the winds carving patterns in the snow. I treasure this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    A couple of years back, I stumbled across some pre-publicity for the release of the SBGE021 Limited Edition. I was stunned by the beauty of this watch. I quickly dove in and did my research on Grand Seiko. At the time, there wasn't a lot out there -- but, what I was able to find convinced me that Grand Seiko was a force to be reckoned with. And, so, I took the plunge. Man, am I ever glad I did. Not only is this one an incredibly beautiful timepiece -- but the GMT functionality, in my view, is unsurpassed. Add to that the incredible accuracy of the Spring Drive. Bliss!

Then, came the Snowflake. I had been looking for a watch that I could use for dress purposes that was simple, straightforward -- but, that would nevertheless have its own special character. The Snowflake was it! To this day, I love the story behind this watch -- the winds carving patterns in the snow. I treasure this one...

Two beauties for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

3. Likes Rob, Jazzmaster liked this post
    I was a little scared to look at my GS through a loop after the GS alignment thread on another forum. Whew, I don't have that issue and yours couldn't be more perfect.

On a side note, this is great seeing you guys here. Been busy the last few days with work and its such a nice surprise logging on and seeing some more great people!

6. Likes RBrylawski, Jazzmaster, geoffbot liked this post
    Is it scary having two Spring Drives to keep alive and ticking and accurate?

Or do you just let them run down like a mechanical?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

Just like a mechanical in every way, you can easily restart it by manually winding it or the usual shake method.

I always imagined wanting to keep a watch that accurate running non stop, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

When I first got them, I must admit that I did make some effort to keep them going, since I really wanted to check the accuracy over a period of time. Seemed a waste to let them run down!

As a practical matter, though, it was difficult to maintain this regimen -- so, I do let them run down now, and appreciate their accuracy in shorter bursts.

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post

13. Likes Rob, bu11itt, PrimareSPA21, HKEd liked this post