Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any video gamers out there?

Hybrid View

Any video gamers out there?

Anybody playing any cool video games recently? I have been playing Skyrim on the XBox 360 for the past two months. It is such a cool game with a seemingly endless number of quests and a huge world to explore. I also love that there is not a "linear" way to move through the quests. Very inventive game in my opinion.

What are you guys playing?

Oh yeah I love video games! I play mostly first person shooters these days. Want to play Dying Light so bad but can't because my computer is old, I will have to build a new computer sooner. I really want to play Wolfenstein New Order, Dying Light, Dead Island 2, Witcher 3. Currently I play Forge of Empires, lol

Hilarious trailer of Dead Island 2:
    Last edited by igo69; Mar 15, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

3. Likes pantagruel, CanadianStraps liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by igo69 View Post
    Oh yeah I love video games! I play mostly first person shooters these days. Want to play Dying Light so bad but can't because my computer is old, I will have to build a new computer sooner. I really want to play Wolfenstein New Order, Dying Light, Dead Island 2, Witcher 3. Currently I play Forge of Empires, lol

Im playing dying light right now. Its amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by igo69 View Post

don't bother dead island 2 it is not a patch on one there is a lot more freedom in one then two and you have to keep doing these survive ambush scenarios and these big boss take downs it's good in away but not a patch on one. I have hundreds of hours on the d.i.1 where on d.i.2 I got about 60 hours
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    don't bother dead island 2 it is not a patch on one there is a lot more freedom in one then two and you have to keep doing these survive ambush scenarios and these big boss take downs it's good in away but not a patch on one. I have hundreds of hours on the d.i.1 where on d.i.2 I got about 60 hours
    Huh? Dead Island 2 didn't came out yet

Blog Entries

I suppose if you call train simulators video games I am a gamer. They do require quite a lot of computer muscle to run properly. I have both Train Simulator 2015 and Trainz 12.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Blog Entries
    Played the Uncharted series back-to-back recently. The second game has a brilliant stage which takes place atop the carriages of a moving train. Currently re-playing Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of The Patriots. When I first played it, my eyes welled up. Having played the first Metal Gear game on the original Playstation back in 1998 (and the subsequent sequels), I felt as though I had grown older with the main character, the improbably-named Solid Snake. The third and fourth installments provided a better emotional experience for me than almost any movie of the last ten years. No mean feat.
    Have to get back to playing L.A. Noire at some point, too.
    Considering that there's not much to watch on TV these days, unless you like watching reality TV, I get more enjoyment from playing a game.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

9. Likes CanadianStraps liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Having played the first Metal Gear game on the original Playstation back in 1998 (and the subsequent sequels).
    Sorry, I don't want to beat up on you, but I will correct you: you actually mean Metal Gear: Solid, not Metal Gear. This was the first Metal Gear game (and I still have a copy, and an NES):

I replayed it a few years ago: dug out the NES and bodged a way to hook it up to a today television. Was pretty shitty, all be telt. But when I was a kid, man did it captivate me.
    Last edited by CanadianStraps; Mar 15, 2015 at 02:30 AM.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

11. Likes Teeritz, is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Sorry, I don't want to beat up on you, but I will correct you: you actually mean Metal Gear: Solid, not Metal Gear. This was the first Metal Gear game (and I still have a copy, and an NES):

I replayed it a few years ago: dug out the NES and bodged a way to hook it up to a today television. Was pretty shitty, all be telt. But when I was a kid, man did it captivate me.
    Yes, I stand corrected. I meant Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation One. I thought the original Metal Gear games were arcade versions.
    Last edited by Teeritz; Mar 15, 2015 at 03:04 AM. Reason: removed picture, in the interests of cohesiveness

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Yes, I stand corrected. I meant Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation One. I thought the original Metal Gear games were arcade versions.
    Likely were, but they were heavy console favourites from the beginning. I also had Metal Gear 2, which Hideo Kojima did not have anything to do with. I might always remember my jaw hitting the floor when I first played Metal Gear from a disc on the PS1. How could a video game look like that? And then Sons of Liberty (which is just call 'Big Shell') was so immersive: way ahead of its time. One of the best installments.

I waited so long for PS3 to arrive, and on day one when I picked it up I was eagerly anticipating Guns of the Patriots, which is another important and amazing installment. I of course played Revengance, but it is likely one of, if not the worst moment in the canon. Snake Eater is/was a bit of a red herring: the game was totally Metal Gear, but the shagohad was not, and the story was a bit bizarre (for the series). That said, the 'The End' boss battle is probably one of the best boss battles in all of gaming. Incredibly well done.

I wouldn't doubt that it exists in some formm, but if the entire story were properly written as a book, it would make Tom Clancy or Ian Fleming look like Dan Brown or Dean Koontz.

I really hope, and expect that Phantom Pain will be excellent, in all regards.
    Last edited by CanadianStraps; Mar 15, 2015 at 04:25 AM.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.