As I mentioned in one of my earlier reviews of a different watch, if a watch makes it past the one year mark and I had absolutely no intention in my mind during that time to flip it, its a keeper. A keeper that lasts past that one year mark deserves to be reviewed. I still do not get tired of looking at this piece and wearing it. Without getting technical about the movement and Grand Seiko’s history I will just talk about my personal experiences with the watch. Anyone who is a fan of GS most likely knows the history and movement already as I find GS owners and people interested in the brand to very be informed.

Dial:

The dial is something truly unique. Sometimes it looks silver, white or different shades of beige or gray. The dial drastically changes between natural and artificial light and the brightness of the light. There are just so many looks I will give a few different examples. I agree, generic Seiko pics of this watch like many GSs do not do this watch justice. Many say they look boring. I would have to say probably 90% of these people never seen one in real life, under different lighting and took the time to appreciate the small details. The dial is not in your face but something that will truly make the wearer smile every time they look down at their wrists.

Hands & Indices:

The hands and indices add a great dimension to the dial. I love how Grand Seiko treats their steel as if it was gold. Looking at the indices and hands, so perfectly shaped, proportioned and great finish can blind someone in a strong sun lighting. Looking through a loupe or a zoom in camera I really found great appreciation for the details that for most people would go unnoticed .

Of course, who doesn't love a lovely blue seconds hand...

Case & Bracelet:

Again, its the small details that make you appreciate this otherwise conservative looking watch that doesn't look too exciting on many pictures. I try to capture what is missed in so many pictures. The precision of the bracelet and how the curves of the case contour the wrist are fantastic. Looking at the watch from different angles shows how complex the case really is.

Clasp is comfortable, secure and simple to operate.

Movement:

I love the high beat movement. Its pure enjoyment to watch the smooth seconds hand. The movement is also very nicely decorated. Especially considering the price bracket.

Here's a short video I made to show this amazing little machine at work in slow motion. As you can see the seconds hand moves in 10 increments per second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yl3e6mW4y4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2DJ5ELg36Q

Well, there is much more to this watch that keeps me coming back to it but these are just some of the features I been enjoying over the year of ownership. Hope you enjoyed!