Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Before I Go: A Stanford neurosurgeon’s parting wisdom about life and time

Well written and powerful and moving. I could wish he had been able to see her grow up and know all those joys of parenthood. Last night around 10pm, I called my 3 kids (9, 11, 15) and told them to get in the car. We drove out to the country to a nice and dark back road and pulled over. We got out and looked at the stars, Jupiter, the Milky Way, the Orion nebula...it was magical. As he said, the money, the race...all vanity and chasing the wind. I don't recall much of what I did at work yesterday, but I remember last night.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Very well written and thoughtful.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    Well written and powerful and moving. I could wish he had been able to see her grow up and know all those joys of parenthood. Last night around 10pm, I called my 3 kids (9, 11, 15) and told them to get in the car. We drove out to the country to a nice and dark back road and pulled over. We got out and looked at the stars, Jupiter, the Milky Way, the Orion nebula...it was magical. As he said, the money, the race...all vanity and chasing the wind. I don't recall much of what I did at work yesterday, but I remember last night.
    Did you buy them ice cream before or afterwards?
    If not, they're thinking: "daddy sucks."
    They just didn't tell you.

I offered, but it was -10 out, so they declined!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    Did you buy them ice cream before or afterwards?
    If not, they're thinking: "daddy sucks."
    They just didn't tell you.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    I offered, but it was -10 out, so they declined!
    Pffft!
    Kids nowadays....