Likes Likes:  188
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Which watch are you currently "stalking" ?

I can add another one to the list. The Damasko DK manual wind. Not the most exciting design perhaps but classic style and IMO a timeless design. The excitement is within the technology of the movement and case work for me and its so nicely done that in itself has me stalking it. Although very difficult to find many pics on this model.
    Name:  Damasko DK13 Nomos Dunkel (9).jpg
Views: 95
Size:  31.5 KB

2. Likes JAGtime, wschofield3, Ryanpatrick liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Looks familiar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Looks familiar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes sir.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

5. Likes mlcor liked this post
    ok, I've been quietly been trying to get my hands on these Basel Show examples to have a grubby feel but none of my sources can tell me where they're going to be in the future, or if they're even going to be doing a tour of boutiques before the production models are shipped.

that counts as actual stalking doesn't it?

7. Likes -JP, Nutty28, Ryanpatrick liked this post

Pam 168 SE from 2003
    40 mm case
    Only 399 were produced
    Bimetal case and bracelet
    Blued hands

9. Likes Ryanpatrick liked this post
    So I've got three I've been stalking and will have acquired all three in the next 18 months.

First up, Omega Speedy Pro moon watch. I'll have this one next month thanks to a buddy of mine that was able to source me a phenomenal deal.
    Name:  Omega Professional.png
Views: 108
Size:  102.1 KB

Next up, a Nomos Zurich World Timer Blue. I plan to get this on a trip to Europe in a few months if I can track one down and if the exchange rate remains favorable.
    Name:  Zuerich_Weltzeit_nachtblau_PR.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  35.3 KB
    Finally, a Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi. I'll get this one on my wedding day next year thanks to my amazing fiancé.
    Name:  rolex-gmt-16710-01.jpg
Size:  53.7 KB

And finally, my grail, this one will probably take years to acquire if it ever happens at all. The FP Journe Chronometre Bleu.
    Name:  FPJourne.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  152.1 KB

That will essentially make my collection complete. After I acquire the first three I listed my focus is going to shift primarily to vintage chronographs and sport watches that I can find at antique shops, estate sales, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    So I've got three I've been stalking and will have acquired all three in the next 18 months.

First up, Omega Speedy Pro moon watch. I'll have this one next month thanks to a buddy of mine that was able to source me a phenomenal deal.
    Name:  Omega Professional.png
Views: 108
Size:  102.1 KB

Next up, a Nomos Zurich World Timer Blue. I plan to get this on a trip to Europe in a few months if I can track one down and if the exchange rate remains favorable.
    Name:  Zuerich_Weltzeit_nachtblau_PR.jpg
Size:  35.3 KB
    Finally, a Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi. I'll get this one on my wedding day next year thanks to my amazing fiancé.
    Name:  rolex-gmt-16710-01.jpg
Size:  53.7 KB

And finally, my grail, this one will probably take years to acquire if it ever happens at all. The FP Journe Chronometre Bleu.
    Name:  FPJourne.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  152.1 KB

That will essentially make my collection complete. After I acquire the first three I listed my focus is going to shift primarily to vintage chronographs and sport watches that I can find at antique shops, estate sales, etc.

I'm going to repeat myself, but I'm still trying to find the Omega Soccer - ST 145.019 (excluding that strap ) in good shape and at fair price. They started to become expensive, though

Name:  O_Sea_Scc (1).JPG
Views: 58
Size:  58.7 KB
    (pic from web)
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 1, 2015 at 01:51 AM.

14. Likes JAGtime, Ryanpatrick, -JP liked this post
    I've been throwing so much time, effort and money into getting my MG ready for the spring, that I haven't had much chance to think watches. Now that that's all taken care of, I'm revisiting horology and finding that my tastes haven't changed much.

The watches I'm stalking?

A 321 caliber Speedmaster.
    Vintage Rolexes of the Submariner, Explorer II and GMT ilk.
    Heuer Chronographs. Specifically the Autavias.

Of course, I'll likely have to suffice with a new, true, Doxa Beads of Rice bracelet for my 1000T this year - since vintage cars, travel, and camping don't leave lots of extraneous money on the table...

16. Likes -JP liked this post