Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Just came across this Seamaster locally, anyone know anything about it?

Just came across this Seamaster locally, anyone know anything about it?

It's listed at 400 Euros in a local sale, but I'm definitely not an Omega expert. Is this real and is it worth this value?

Name:  Captura de ecrã - 2015-03-26, 15.05.39.png
Views: 152
Size:  386.7 KBName:  Captura de ecrã - 2015-03-26, 15.05.52.png
Views: 143
Size:  159.8 KBName:  Captura de ecrã - 2015-03-26, 15.06.00.png
Views: 172
Size:  324.0 KB

50's/ 60's gilted Seamaster -no movement pic obviously -34mm probably ? the serial number within will date it more precisely of course -hard to see the condition of the gilting from the image -don't know what the Euro is doing but would i guess go somewhere from £250 to £350 depending on condition

3. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    50's/ 60's gilted Seamaster -no movement pic obviously -34mm probably ? the serial number within will date it more precisely of course -hard to see the condition of the gilting from the image -don't know what the Euro is doing but would i guess go somewhere from £250 to £350 depending on condition
    Thanks, I saw one listed for 800 pounds on a website and was wondering if this was a great price, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by bolaberlim View Post
    Thanks, I saw one listed for 800 pounds on a website and was wondering if this was a great price, but apparently not.
    if anything its overpriced -i would say a gilted one is not as attractive a buy -also either the crown is replaced or lost all its gilt which would happen over time -colour or lack of it just seems to be at odds with the body - as regards the £800 one - one might expect that to be a very nice Constellation or perhaps a gold Seamaster

6. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Claudio, I've been searching out vintage Omegas for the past 3 weeks, and it seems the trend is increased prices (isn't it always?), 400 Euros seems about right, or even on the low side compared to what I have been seeing, if in fact it's genuine. I'm no expert there. Seems like everything I have been looking at is overpriced when I ask other experts, but it's hard to find something that isn't. Perhaps there has been a market shift... Anyway, take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm brand new to the whole vintage thing, but I have the bug!!

8. Likes CFR liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    but I have the bug!!
    Story of my life man.

10. Likes gnuyork liked this post