Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rolex Models up on their Website

Hybrid View

New Rolex Models up on their Website

The Rolex website is showing the new models, and new movement.

New 39mm Oyster Perpetual looks interesting !

http://www.rolex.com/watches/baselwo...4300-0001.html
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes Der Amf, geoffbot, M. Montaigne, Uber, muddy250 liked this post
    The design is nice, but the color combinations kinda annoy me.

4. Likes Spooky, tigerpac liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Upstate View Post
    The design is nice, but the color combinations kinda annoy me.
    I really like the 39mm rhodium with blue hour markers; but, what annoys me (as with other models) is: ROLEXROLEXROLEX.....
    I know it's a Rolex, I don't need telling an extra 12 times. Once on the dial will suffice, thanks.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

6. Likes Upstate, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I really like the 39mm rhodium with blue hour markers; but, what annoys me (as with other models) is: ROLEXROLEXROLEX.....
    I know it's a Rolex, I don't need telling an extra 12 times. Once on the dial will suffice, thanks.

I used to think that way, but it's far more noticeable in angled studio photos than it is in real life. It also gives the fakers a little more work and reduces the reflectivity of the rehaut. I've come to like it.

8. Likes geoffbot, CFR, iyonk, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I used to think that way, but it's far more noticeable in angled studio photos than it is in real life. It also gives the fakers a little more work and reduces the reflectivity of the rehaut. I've come to like it.
    I agree, I hardly notice it on MrsO's datejust. I like hidden details no one else can see.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I agree, I hardly notice it on MrsO's datejust. I like hidden details no one else can see.
    I don't even notice it on the DJII. Even a highly cropped photo shows how unobtrusive the rehaut engraving is.

Also, new calibre: the 3255 http://www.rolex.com/watches/baselwo...ibre-3255.html

"2x more precise than an official chronometer"

12. Likes chicago liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Also, new calibre: the 3255 http://www.rolex.com/watches/baselwo...ibre-3255.html

"2x more precise than an official chronometer"

Do you think it is related to this? Similar power reserve and another new movement?

From Rolex....

Thanks to a new barrel architecture and the escapement’s superior efficiency, the power reserve of calibre 3255 extends to three days. This means the watch will easily continue to run from Friday evening into Monday afternoon even if not worn or wound.

From Tudor...

Tudor’s new in-house movement is the calibre MT5612 and packs 70 hours of power reserve.

14. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Do you think it is related to this? Similar power reserve and another new movement?

From Rolex....

Thanks to a new barrel architecture and the escapement’s superior efficiency, the power reserve of calibre 3255 extends to three days. This means the watch will easily continue to run from Friday evening into Monday afternoon even if not worn or wound.

From Tudor...

Tudor’s new in-house movement is the calibre MT5612 and packs 70 hours of power reserve.
    Name:  tudor and rolex mve.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  42.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Name:  tudor and rolex mve.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  42.0 KB
    I know bugger all about movement design but they look similar on the face of it. Devil will be in the detail

17. Likes Der Amf liked this post