Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superocean is 'beached' -back in my comfort zone !!

Superocean is 'beached' -back in my comfort zone !!

just a week or two ago i heralded a newly acquired Superocean which i bought untried because the price was right -mistake ! soon as i got it i realised i did not like it - something about the overly busy dial - particularly the bezel 'architecture ' -all of this diminished the dial size on the eye considerably especially for a plus 40 mm Name:  breit3.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  84.7 KB- a very attractive good everyday wearer no doubt -but not for me -so i have promptly put some money in the deal and today received this 06 SM 2531.80 -box and papers which i just love -fabulous watch and its an Omega -Name:  sm 1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  73.6 KB all is well again in my world -nothing worse than having a watch you dislike ! no point

Yeah that looks too busy for my liking too

Looked at the Superocean Heritage ? Thats a much more elegant and classy (and less busy) watch

3. Likes shameless liked this post
    Congrats Peter! the new Omega look very sweet indeed!

i like the breitling blue dial, but not sure with bezel and screws around it..

agree with your point about no point if having/keeping the watch that we dislike...
    i dont have anything expensive so i simply give these watches to my friends or close ones... they have different eyes than WIS, so those 'slight misalign', and 'imperfections' that bother me would never catch their eyes and they are just grateful to have a watch as a gift hehehe..

Enjoy the new watch with happy heart and excellent health Peter!

5. Likes shameless liked this post
    Your new (to you) Seamaster looks great on you. Peter. It is a lovely watch. Enjoy it!

Jane

7. Likes iyonk, shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Congrats Peter! the new Omega look very sweet indeed!

i like the breitling blue dial, but not sure with bezel and screws around it..

agree with your point about no point if having/keeping the watch that we dislike...
    i dont have anything expensive so i simply give these watches to my friends or close ones... they have different eyes than WIS, so those 'slight misalign', and 'imperfections' that bother me would never catch their eyes and they are just grateful to have a watch as a gift hehehe..

Enjoy the new watch with happy heart and excellent health Peter!
    thankyou buddy -also of course it would look great on a Bond nato

9. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    thankyou buddy -also of course it would look great on a Bond nato
    that handsome mega would look handsome even if the strap was made from newspaper or cardboard Peter hahaha...
    but with excellent bracelet that hug your wrist that well, why bother hehehe...

11. Likes JAGtime, shameless liked this post
    The blingy Breitlings are definitely not for everyone, especially coupled with a busy dial. The Omega is a much better looking one here. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes shameless, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    nothing worse than having a watch you dislike ! no point
    Couldn't agree more! That's one of the reasons that makes me a very conservative buyer, meaning: I have to see the watch on the metal and try it on my wrist. And all this care didn't prevent mistakes

But the point is: you're happy with your new watch and that's all that matters.

Congratulations, my friend.

15. Likes shameless, iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    thanyou C -over the years i have far too often been underwhelmed on receiving a watch -but this one is different - everything about it is perfect [for me]

17. Likes CFR, iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    Omega 1 Breitling 0

Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

19. Likes shameless, popoki nui liked this post