Likes Likes:  1,085
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WRUW - Vintage watches!

WRUW - Vintage watches!

Thought we might as well get a what are you wearing thread started!

Here's my 1974 Bulova Snorkel

Blog Entries
    Much better than my Benrus! I'd take a picture of it, but then I would be embarrassed.

Great watch!

Dan

3. Likes DirtyHarrie liked this post
    Ric Capucho

1970s vintage Shuangling 20 Zuan.

Brushed metal dial, innit.

Ric

5. Likes Еmre, Clarky, DJW GB, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Neat variant of what I would call a pillow case. Out of curiosity, how does one find vintage watches from China? I am guessing eBay, but my dabblings in fountain pens telss me that is not always the case.

Thanks,

Dan

Ric Capucho
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Neat variant of what I would call a pillow case. Out of curiosity, how does one find vintage watches from China? I am guessing eBay, but my dabblings in fountain pens telss me that is not always the case.

Thanks,

Dan
    Nah, yer have to trawl TaoBao, which is the Chinese version of Ebay. Not for the fainthearted, and the first transaction is a step in the dark, but once yer get used to it, then business as usual.

Ric

8. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Ca. 1962 vintage Tianjin WuYi.

VCM, innit.

Ric

10. Likes saxoo, watchdaddy1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    Nah, yer have to trawl TaoBao, which is the Chinese version of Ebay. Not for the fainthearted, and the first transaction is a step in the dark, but once yer get used to it, then business as usual.

Ric
    Would love to see a thread about with some basic tips how to succesfully source a vintage piece there I tried a few times to browse through taobao,looking for some vintage tin toy infos/price references but its quite difficult as there's no proper english translation,can only use google transl. or similar....also I saw that there are some buying agents available acting as mediators between buyers from abroad and taobao sellers but imo the effort,additional costs and time doesnt justify occasional buying...

S

Ric Capucho
    Quote Originally Posted by saxoo View Post
    Would love to see a thread about with some basic tips how to succesfully source a vintage piece there I tried a few times to browse through taobao,looking for some vintage tin toy infos/price references but its quite difficult as there's no proper english translation,can only use google transl. or similar....also I saw that there are some buying agents available acting as mediators between buyers from abroad and taobao sellers but imo the effort,additional costs and time doesnt justify occasional buying...

S
    I'll write it up sometime...

Ric

14. Likes saxoo liked this post
    Ric Capucho

Late 1970s vintage Shuangling 40 Zuan.

Red, innit. Buddha is green with envy.

Ric

16. Likes saxoo, Dan R, Henry Krinkle liked this post