Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTC - second attempt (pic heavy)

Hybrid View

SOTC - second attempt (pic heavy)

I tried to do one of these a while back and it was an unmitigated disaster, so I've been doing a complete rotation over the last few weeks to gather my thoughts on my collection and build up to this post gradually. That's not quite done yet (a few days to go), but I'm close enough to the end to feel ready to do this.
    My main thought is that I've got too many watches. Lots of them hardly get worn and many don't get the attention they deserve. In short I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth out of some of these. I've come to the conclusion that what I need to do is balance things between a rotation of watches I wear regularly and others that I accept that I won't wear often, but that still have a place in my collection.

Anyway, here are watches, grouped roughly by country of origin (ish). I'll do one country a day (approx)

Swiss:
    There are probably varying levels of Swissness here, but let's not get into that debate.

Rolex Explorer

Omega Seamaster mid size quartz

Omega Constellation

CWC G10

Ball Engineer II Arabic

Bulova Snorkel

Vintage Rotary

Swatch Red Rebel

Wenger Classic Field
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Mar 18, 2015 at 07:44 PM.

German

Nomos Club 36mm
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Mar 18, 2015 at 05:54 PM.

[QUOTE=whatmeworry;88117]
    Omega Constellation

Super jealous of your Constellation.

4. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    [QUOTE=gnuyork;88123]
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Omega Constellation

Super jealous of your Constellation.
    Thanks. The dial has been refinished at some point, so the price was a lot less than it would have been for a completely original one.

Nice! Keep'em coming...

7. Likes whatmeworry, JAGtime liked this post
    I was thinking about how to rotate a collection like yours the other day, and thought of this: each week pick one of your top watches. Wear it for a couple of the days, and in the evenings for the rest of the days. The cheap fun watches get most of a day on most of the days, but you're constantly returning to the one from the other end of your generally polarised collection

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I was thinking about how to rotate a collection like yours the other day, and thought of this: each week pick one of your top watches. Wear it for a couple of the days, and in the evenings for the rest of the days. The cheap fun watches get most of a day on most of the days, but you're constantly returning to the one from the other end of your generally polarised collection
    That's a very good idea, I might try that

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Another thumbs up on the Constellation. Often miss mine, but was it an 18K model with 18K bracelet that I just couldn't wear a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice diversity.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Very nice diversity.
    Thanks! Just realised I missed one out of the Swiss post (my Bulova Snorkel) so have added that in.